Official Review: The Murderer Who Loved Me! by H. Alton Lee

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mratdegraff91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 433
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mratdegraff91.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B018SZT3BK

Official Review: The Murderer Who Loved Me! by H. Alton Lee

Post by mratdegraff91 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Murderer Who Loved Me!" by H. Alton Lee.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Murderer Who Loved Me! By H. Alton Lee

Thad Winthrop is a local professor who teaches horticulture. Orphaned as a child he has had a hard life growing up, but this has allowed him to develop into an honest, dependable man. Thad recently finds out that he has come into a large amount of fortune at the death of his biological father whom he never even new. After finding this out, he comes home soon to a corpse in the middle of his office floor which thrusts him into a crazy ordeal where he becomes a suspect. Aided through his ordeal by the officer Yokim Clearmore the two develop a fascinating friendship, and Thad is forced to reanalyze his entire past and everyone he has known as well as finally addressing his never before totally clear sexual orientation. Also along for the ride is Thad’s lawyer Elgin Morgenstern and his girlfriend local news celebrity September McMinnville. They also play a significant role in Thad’s life and aid him in figuring out just what exactly went on at his home.

This novel was a fascinating C/T/M/H book. It is 320 pages in length and has a very catching cover. The author incorporated much of his personal beliefs into the novel. The author, H. Alton Lee, is a cat owner, specializes in horticulture, and enjoys gardening just as he portrays Thad too in the story.

Things I disliked about the book were the numerous amount of grammatical errors found throughout the story. The errors almost deterred me from finishing the novel. I also found it difficult to read because of the formatting issues. I read this book on my Kindle and also pulled it up on my Kindle app on my cell, and the formatting was still the same.

Although there were errors and the formatting was off, I enjoyed the storyline. The author did a great job at developing his characters and keeping me on the edge of my seat. Thad and Yokims’ witty banter kept me laughing as they worked to figure out just what is going on. I found that the story flowed very smoothly and also that the characters seemed to grow and change as the story progressed.

With all my statements as mentioned above, I had a difficult time deciding how to rate this novel. I couldn’t give it a 4 of 4 because of the errors, but I also couldn’t give it a 1 of 4 because I enjoyed the storyline and had a hard time putting down the book. Therefore in determining my rating for this story, keeping in mind some errors and formatting problems, I rate it a 2 out of 4 stars as my overall score. With some reformatting and continued editing to fix the mistakes, I feel that this book could be a big seller.

This book didn’t have any gory scenes or delve deep into any crazy romantic sex scenes. It did have the occasional challenging word that I had to look up but I feel that it would make a great book for young adults and mystery lovers. If you like a book with a lot of action and magic, this would not be a good fit for you.

The Murderer Who Loved Me!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like mratdegraff91's review? Post a comment saying so!
Madison Degraffenreid
Annelore Trujillo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 170
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annelore-trujillo.html
Latest Review: The Siberians by Simon J. Carey

Post by Annelore Trujillo »

It's always hard when here are errors in the book. It really takes away from the overall story. Great job on the review!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”