The Graveyard Apartment by Mariko Koike

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MagicToDo930
Currently Reading: The Witchfinder's Sister
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magictodo930.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: 1400697484

The Graveyard Apartment by Mariko Koike

Post by MagicToDo930 »

Starting my 54th book of 2016. Anyone else read this book? It was released this year in October.

-- 30 Nov 2016, 02:53 --

Just finished the book and I gave it 3 out of 4 stars. It was full of horror that I found myself at times getting scared when I heard sudden noises at home while reading it. It moved along very well and quite fast. The only characters I did like were the little girl and her pet dog. Other than that, other characters either seemed immoral or only care about themselves. Added to one who seemed to not care what their children did and let them off without any supervision (and we're talking about 5 and 6-year-olds). I only had two major problems with the story. The author chose too many names that were very similar that it got confusing at times of who was speaking. And second, and this is what made me go and give it the rating I did, the ending was abrupt and had no closure. In fact, it was left completely opened at the end that you have no idea what actually happened. Had Koike fully ended the book, it would've been better.
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”