Official Review: Diana The Abduction by Rania Alammar

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Official Review: Diana The Abduction by Rania Alammar

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Diana The Abduction" by Rania Alammar.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Diana the Abduction: Mystery Solved is a book under the non-fiction category written by Rania Alammar.

A year after the divorce of Prince Charles and Princess Diana, the princess was killed in a car accident in France in August 31, 1997. The princess, her boyfriend Imad Al Fayed known as Dodi, Dodi’s bodyguard Trevor Rees-Jones and the driver and head of security of the Ritz Hotel Henri Paul perished when the Mercedes they were in crashed in the thirteenth pillar of the Pont d’Alma tunnel at 00:23, while being chased by paparazzi. While Henri and Dodi died right away, the princess was taken to the La Pitié Salpêtrière Hospital and died at 4:00 from internal bleeding caused by rupture in pulmonary vein.

There were two main assumptions concerning the event. First, the accident was caused by the recklessness and alcohol intoxication of the driver. Second, the event was a deliberate murder instigated by the Royal Family against Princess Diana who was said to be pregnant by Dodi Al-Fayed at the time of the accident. In this book, the author offered a third conclusion and that is the princess did not die that night but was rather kidnapped and was replaced by the body of a different woman.

The author’s shocking assumption is supported by evidence gathered through several years of research from various investigative books. Among her most important sources are: Cover Up of a Royal Murder: Hundreds of Errors in the Paget Report and How They Murdered Princess Diana, both by John Morgan, Princess Diana: The Evidence by Jon King and John Beveridge and Diana: Death of a Goddess by David Cohen.

The author’s inference was based on multiple discrepancies in recorded information and testimonies, fabricated and otherwise, of involved individuals. Among the most interesting facts pointed out in this book were the following: failure of the cameras to capture a picture of the accident, two different entries of Princess Diana’s time of arrival at the hospital, two different documents of entry for the princess with the same file number, different and inconsistent descriptions of the princess after the accident like terrible injuries and not at all disfigured which led to the author’s assumption that there was another body besides that of Princess Diana.

The book is, first and foremost, interesting and easily catches the attention of the reader as early as the first five pages. The assumptions brought forward, outrageous as they are, are supported by the evidence presented making the author’s arguments very convincing. The fluidity of the writing makes the book easy to read and understand. All the issues raised are thoroughly addressed and the claims substantiated. The event is chronologically narrated giving the reader the feeling of being walked through from the scene of the accident, at the hospital and even in London. The statements are well referenced with sources appropriately cited.

I, therefore, give this book the rate of 4 out of 4 stars. It is interesting, concise and well written. I recommend it, first to the fans of the beloved princess, then to readers who love crime and conspiracy stories.

Diana The Abduction
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like kimmyschemy06's review? Post a comment saying so!
Bajpai shikha
Currently Reading: High Hopes
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Bajpai shikha »

Loved the review. Have added the book to shelf. Would like to read the book. Thanks for the review
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Bajpai shikha wrote:Loved the review. Have added the book to shelf. Would like to read the book. Thanks for the review
Thank you. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Great review! I considered selecting this book several weeks ago, but I read so much about the investigation into Princess Diana's death after it happened that I think my brain went into Diana overload. :) Glad you enjoyed the book.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

bookowlie wrote:Great review! I considered selecting this book several weeks ago, but I read so much about the investigation into Princess Diana's death after it happened that I think my brain went into Diana overload. :) Glad you enjoyed the book.
Thank you very much. Yes, I enjoyed it a lot. It's a great book :)
zero_macabre
Currently Reading: The Snowman
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zero-macabre.html
Latest Review: "No Simple Miracle" by Meggan Haller

Post by zero_macabre »

After reading your review, I began searching up more about Princess Diana's death and I am definitely interested in it now! Thank you for the great review!
Latest Review: "No Simple Miracle" by Meggan Haller
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

zero_macabre wrote:After reading your review, I began searching up more about Princess Diana's death and I am definitely interested in it now! Thank you for the great review!
Thank you very much. I hope you get a chance to read it :)
Jade13
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jade13 »

This book looks really good. Would like to read it.
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Jade13 wrote:This book looks really good. Would like to read it.
Yes, it is. Thank you very much for the comment and welcome to the forum :)
Kdonegan91
Favorite Author: Wanda E. Brunstetter
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 202">Never Cry Again</a>
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdonegan91.html
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
Reading Device: 1400699169
fav_author_id: 19883

Post by Kdonegan91 »

Great review! Honestly, I was not too interested in the book before I read your review. However after reading your review, I am intrigued. I'll be adding it to my must read list.
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. - Wayne Dyer
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Kdonegan91 wrote:Great review! Honestly, I was not too interested in the book before I read your review. However after reading your review, I am intrigued. I'll be adding it to my must read list.
Thank you very much. I hope you get a chance to read it :)
ebeth
Currently Reading: The Color of Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebeth.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B0097BEFA4

Post by ebeth »

I remember hearing about this on the news but your review has me interested to read it so I added it onto my bookshelves. Thank you.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

ebeth wrote:I remember hearing about this on the news but your review has me interested to read it so I added it onto my bookshelves. Thank you.
Thank you. I hope you get a chance to read it.
JeremyLaBoheme
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by JeremyLaBoheme »

This is an definite must-read for me. I remember this tragedy as if it were yesterday. I will never forget coming home late one evening to hear the news of her accident. This review has peaked my interest because I've long thought that the family (who I won't refer to as royal) was involved with her death and highly disapproved of her being with Al Fayed.
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

JeremyLaBoheme wrote:This is an definite must-read for me. I remember this tragedy as if it were yesterday. I will never forget coming home late one evening to hear the news of her accident. This review has peaked my interest because I've long thought that the family (who I won't refer to as royal) was involved with her death and highly disapproved of her being with Al Fayed.
I hope you find it enlightening. Thank you for the comment and welcome to the forum :)

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”