Official Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1034
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Re: Official Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

Thank you for a very honest review! I just started reading the book and I must say, I'm already engrossed in it. From what I read, there's bound to be a lot of action scenes. I'm looking forward to finishing the book and the rest of the books in the series.
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Mar Watercolor
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-watercolor.html
Latest Review: "The Dancing Barber" by AC Michael

Post by Mar Watercolor »

Thanks for the review and congrats to the author! This book is fresh and full of action. I mostly agree with the reviewer, and I also loved the introduction of Arthur and his story. I sincerely recommend the book to horror lovers.
Latest Review: "The Dancing Barber" by AC Michael
Rey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rey.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Rey »

Great review! Can't wait to get a start on this one.
olaiya oluwafemi
Currently Reading: In the shadow of Angels
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olaiya-oluwafemi.html

Post by olaiya oluwafemi »

Awesome novel. Sounds very interesting and the story is well- written. Another thing is the actions displayed by Abigail and Haatim. I like the relationship between them. To conclude the book is worth to be read. Thanks for the great review.
bibliognost
Currently Reading: The Thinker's Way
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by bibliognost »

I was intrigued to read that you enjoyed the prologue. The genre is not one of my favorites, and perhaps that is why I found it jarring. I do like that you highlighted the creation of a strong platonic relationship. These are often hard to sustain, and demonstrate a definite command of good writing skills. Thank you for sharing your review. It make me want to revisit the book and approach it without my original bias against horror as a genre. Good writers transcend genre.

-- 23 Apr 2017, 12:53 --

I was intrigued to read that you enjoyed the prologue. The genre is not one of my favorites, and perhaps that is why I found it jarring. I do like that you highlighted the creation of a strong platonic relationship. These are often hard to sustain, and demonstrate a definite command of good writing skills. Thank you for sharing your review. It make me want to revisit the book and approach it without my original bias against horror as a genre. Good writers transcend genre.

-- 23 Apr 2017, 12:59 --

[quote="bibliognost"]I was intrigued to read that you enjoyed the prologue. The genre is not one of my favorites, and perhaps that is why I found it jarring. I do like that you highlighted the creation of a strong platonic relationship. These are often hard to sustain, and demonstrate a definite command of good writing skills. Thank you for sharing your review. It make me want to revisit the book and approach it without my original bias against horror as a genre. Good writers transcend genre.

-

-- 23 Apr 2017, 13:04 --

clearly, my "Enter" button went wonky - I apologize!
Doyere Coulibaly
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Doyere Coulibaly »

I have always been a fan of fantasy and fiction books that leaves the reader hanging with suspense on what comes next and by the depiction of characters made in the review especially the "platonic relationship"that develops between a male and a female which most of the time ends up being a romantic one tells more about what to wait for in this book.Looking forward to it
jayfiro
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by jayfiro »

Raven's peak was just phenomenal to me. Ever since I was young, I was always all worked up about the supernatural. From dracula 2000 to Damien the series, I had always been fascinated about the concept of demons in general. Lincoln Cole did a great job in his own concept of demons in his book. I had a good feeling about this book from the first time I saw it's name though. This was why I was so excited to the fact that I was about to read quite a catchy book. To my greatest surprise the book actually surpassed my expectations. I enjoyed the story line and the characters in the book. This book definitely has a bright future ahead of it. Unlike some novels I come across this days, the story line wasn't predictable at all. Most writers these days have really lost the ability to keep their readers in suspense

The book is really all about a town that at first might seem like an everyday normal town but inwardly has a dark side. This book is truly filled with the thrills of suspense and drama mixed together with exciting horror of the unknown. Although some of the characters really were not built well with the story line, they made a lot of sense as the thrill filled story went on

The story reminds me of world war Z, with the expected turning into the unexpected. Like zombies these people are being controlled to act in very strange and unusual ways. But then the council in the town decide to do something about it .The council then confide in Frieda who then tells a hunter to find out what is making the people in the town act berzerk. In this book, the dark sinister tunnel has a part to play in the moral filled story of light.

The hunter Arthur in the story seeks vengeance for Abigail whom he loves dearly. Abigail unfortunately is being possessed by a an evil spirit, a demon. The book in summary is about the long old story of the fight between good and evil demon. The book is filled with secrets which later reveal themselves in the story as truth prevails. These secrets unknown play a major role in the suspense created in this book. One can not help but be enveloped in the excitement and mesmerizing suspense of this book

This book is filled with so much creativity and imagination that I can not help but compare it to other great works of old, I can't imagine what the next phase of this story will be. I am giving this book a 4 out of 4 stars.
Romayamalik
Currently Reading: Land of Two Seas
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by Romayamalik »

Something are necessary in life which brings us to clarify
Between right and ring ,good and bad.this including these concepts in it.
Which we love to read and understand well.
Gbemisola
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gbemisola.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Gbemisola »

I really enjoyed reading this review. I would have loved to read the book itself as it sounds very interesting but I am not a fan of horror books.
Naman03
Currently Reading: The Elf Brief
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naman03.html

Post by Naman03 »

I downloaded the book today as my first assignment...After reading the posts I am quite excited about this novel.
ReviewerDiksha
Currently Reading: The Katharina Code
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerdiksha.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Post by ReviewerDiksha »

I too have read and reviewed this book. You are right, this book's prolougue was just awesome. So good indeed that it was the best part in the whole book.
Miss_BeckyG
Currently Reading: Behind Broken Glass Walls
Bookshelf Size: 1129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-beckyg.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Miss_BeckyG »

ashley_claire your review is on point. Very concise and quite informative without being a spoiler. Raven's Peak sounds like a great read. I did find the sample well written and quite captivating. I'd much rather watch a horror than read it.
“ Ego says, "Once everything falls into place, I'll feel peace." Spirit says "Find your peace, and then everything will fall into place." ”
Marianne Williamson
Andymyke
Currently Reading: Missing
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Andymyke »

how the reverend is related to Haatim and Abigail. #wonderfull_book??
Perfect Ndlovu
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 341">Puffy and the Formidable Foe</a>
Currently Reading: Alphabet Motivation
Bookshelf Size: 34

Post by Perfect Ndlovu »

I'm glad you enjoyed reading it.Thank you for the honest review. It is really on fire

-- 15 Oct 2017, 11:52 --

I will definitely read this book,It is really interesting.
BoyLazy
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by BoyLazy »

I've never read a book on horror and thrillers genre. I would love to read this one after seeing this review.
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”