Official Review: Resurrected by Ms. Natasha Nozer Mehenty

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Clifora
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clifora.html
Latest Review: "Before I Wake" by Seven Steps

Official Review: Resurrected by Ms. Natasha Nozer Mehenty

Post by Clifora »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Resurrected" by Ms. Natasha Nozer Mehenty.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Resurrected by Natasha Nozer Mehenty is a C/T/M/H book of about 184 pages. Sam, one of the main characters, gets into a car accident at the start of the book. Sadly, Sam passes away, but is wife, Afrin, does not know about this. However, a few days later, a man who looks exactly like Sam shows up. Who is this mystery man? Why is he here?

I felt that Resurrected was quite an insightful book. I learnt many morals from this book and it taught me many things about life in general. One of them would be having to give balanced importance and respect to people as if given more it would not be valued, but if given less it would not be counted. I was enlightened after reading Resurrected. Most of the characters had these morals instilled in them and they were kind-hearted, polite and respectful to others.

There were a few problems with this book. Firstly, the ’mystery man’ was too predictable. After I had read a few chapters of the book and most of the characters were introduced, I immediately guessed who the mystery man was, and indeed, I had guessed correctly. This made me feel a little disappointed as I had expected a twist or a turn in the plot, but the mystery man was too obvious. This ruined the whole suspense of trying to figure out who the mystery man was.

Secondly, I felt that the tone that the characters spoke with each other was too formal. Even when the characters were speaking with their friends, they still maintained a formal tone. Perhaps the characters could speak with their loved ones and friends with a casual tone, instead of being so formal.

Thirdly, a few of the characters were quite unrealistic. As I mentioned above, most of the characters were forgiving, generous and understanding. However, some of the characters seemed too perfect. There were no faults in some of the characters and they seemed to be able to resolve every single problem they were faced with. This threw me off a little.

Although I felt that the mystery man was quite predictable, the plot was still quite interesting at some parts. The author was able to keep me hooked at times such that I would not be able to stop reading. I was kept in suspense at the end of some chapters, which made the book much more enjoyable for me. Though some parts of the plot were quite complicated, the author made sure that the motives of all the characters were clear such that I was easily able to understand the book. The background of the characters were well-developed and there was no unnecessary information. Most parts played an important role in the development of the storyline which made the book a thoroughly delightful read.

I would rate Resurrected 3 out of 4 stars. Despite all the problems that were mentioned earlier, I learnt a lot from reading it and I absolutely loved the plot of the book. The plot of the book was well-developed and it was a pleasure to read it.

Resurrected
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Clifora's review? Post a comment saying so!
“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.”

— T.S. Eliot
ashnance
Currently Reading: The Secret History
Bookshelf Size: 334
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashnance.html

Post by ashnance »

Great review! The plot sounds so interesting and promising! It's too bad that the mystery man is so obvious and some of the characters were too perfect. Those are both things that would bother me as well.
Clifora
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clifora.html

Post by Clifora »

ashnance wrote:Great review! The plot sounds so interesting and promising! It's too bad that the mystery man is so obvious and some of the characters were too perfect. Those are both things that would bother me as well.
Thank you!
“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.”

— T.S. Eliot
lane_vespertine
Currently Reading: Ilium
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lane-vespertine.html
Latest Review: "Hell Holes 2" by Donald Firesmith

Post by lane_vespertine »

Good job on the review.
I'm glad you still enjoyed it. It can be difficult to put the whole book into perspective when there is a problem with it.
Well done on the review!
Latest Review: "Hell Holes 2" by Donald Firesmith
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

The premise sounds very promising. Too bad about the predictable and unrealistic characters. Good job on the review.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”