Crime, Thrillers, Horror and Mystery Recommendations

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AngelaMarie1960
Bookshelf Size: 8

Re: Crime, Thrillers, Horror and Mystery Recommendations

Post by AngelaMarie1960 »

An Evil Mind by Chris Carter is one of the best crime thriller serial killer female vigilante I've ever read a 5 star read. I absolutely loved it. :lol: :lol:
charysma_lilly
Favorite Author: too many....
Currently Reading: Before I Fall
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charysma-lilly.html

Post by charysma_lilly »

AngelaMarie1960 wrote:An Evil Mind by Chris Carter is one of the best crime thriller serial killer female vigilante I've ever read a 5 star read. I absolutely loved it. :lol: :lol:

thanks for the hint :) I've started with Elizabeth Adler. She's a great author and her books are easy to read. I'll check out your recommendation Angela :)
hkachelmeier
Currently Reading: The Sound of Our Steps
Bookshelf Size: 1104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hkachelmeier.html

Post by hkachelmeier »

I just finished Stephen King's "The Bazaar of Bad Dreams". I really enjoyed this short story collection. Especially since Stephen King also had a short discussion on where the idea came from or his reasoning for the story. I have not always enjoyed Stephen King's short stories and have been more a fan of his full length novels but if you are looking for quicker Stephen King stories, I recommend this book.
PaulaSofia
Currently Reading: You
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by PaulaSofia »

You by Caroline Kepnes. Crazy, twisted, dark, funny and charming all in one. It's a crazy ride in this guy's head!
ZoeyS
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zoeys.html

Post by ZoeyS »

I really enjoyed Chevy Stevens books, especially That Night. They were easy page turners. A lot of fun to read!
Insight_Muse

Post by Insight_Muse »

I utterly enjoyed in the Milenium series by Stieg Larsson. The way characters are developed and tension structured is just my cup of tea and I remember not sleeping until I read all three of them. I did buy the fourth sequel but am a bit sceptic since it is written by another author :-(. We'll see.
whaley_t

Post by whaley_t »

Toyer by Gardner McKay. Great Book!! It's about a man targeting women and making them play games for their lives, only he doesn't kill them he puts them in a coma. This book is not lighthearted, but it's a great read.
efufoo
Currently Reading: The lord of the rings collection
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by efufoo »

I think all horror fans should read " books of blood " by clive barker.

A few good movies have been made from some of the stories in this collection. I havent found a better anthology than this to this day.
literarychemist

Post by literarychemist »

I loe anything that's a supernatural thriller
ReadandRoll[
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: There are several
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... nbroken</a>
Currently Reading: The Dark Tower IV
Bookshelf Size: 550
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by ReadandRoll[ »

Insight_Muse wrote:I utterly enjoyed in the Milenium series by Stieg Larsson. The way characters are developed and tension structured is just my cup of tea and I remember not sleeping until I read all three of them. I did buy the fourth sequel but am a bit sceptic since it is written by another author :-(. We'll see.
I recently finished the fourth sequel "The Girl in the Spider's Web" by David Lagercrantz and was sceptical as well. It was a good read though not up to the exceptional works of Stieg Larsson's trilogy. :tiphat:
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~Chinese Proverb
Chrissy2828

Post by Chrissy2828 »

I am looking for recommendations, I love Patricia cornwell even though they seem to be more of the same I still love them. Any suggestions?
Mike_Lang
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 50592">The Life and Times of The Thunderbolt Kid</a>
Currently Reading: Mississippi Noir
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mike-lang.html
Latest Review: "Justice Prevails" by Colin Lodder
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Mike_Lang »

Chrissy2828 wrote:I am looking for recommendations, I love Patricia cornwell even though they seem to be more of the same I still love them. Any suggestions?

You might try Kathy Reichs, her novels are the basis for the TV series Bones. I've also heard people mention author Tess Gerritsen's Jane Rizzoli series as being comparable to Cornwell though I'm not personally familiar with it.
Latest Review: "Justice Prevails" by Colin Lodder
pallavi garg
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pallavi-garg.html

Post by pallavi garg »

The godfather no doubt. ...it was the first book I read about omerta, sicilian culture. ..the far best...the book is very well written. ..dialogues of characters properly conveys the feelings ...superb book
HandyMom

Post by HandyMom »

I love the series by these authors -
Michael Connelly
Tess Gerrittsen
J.D. Robb
Jeffrey Deaver
Jonathan Kellerman
Harlan Coben
moderntimes
Favorite Author: James Joyce
Favorite Book: Ulysses by James Joyce
Currently Reading: Grendel by John Gardner
fav_author_id: 2516

Post by moderntimes »

For anyone who enjoys Lovecraft-style fiction and the Cthulhu Mythos, I highly recommend the short story collection: "New Cthulhu: The Recent Weird" -- first rate!
"Ineluctable modality of the visible..."

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”