Crime, Thrillers, Horror and Mystery Recommendations

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stefanus Kristian
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stefanus-kristian.html

Re: Crime, Thrillers, Horror and Mystery Recommendations

Post by Stefanus Kristian »

Anyone here, which one do you prefer, Thriller Story with (unexpected) good ending or bad ending?
amanda_0106
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: B00GQDBS7O

Post by amanda_0106 »

I am huge on the mystery thriller genre. If your into taking your books with you, then Tortured Dreams by Hadena James is a must read!

This Nook E-book had me from the first chapter till the end. The backstory on the main character alone has you trying to understand how a person can cope with everything she has encountered. I am big on curiosity so there were other subjects in the book that make you think psychologically. This book also dips into a slight history of medical torture devices.
Jade_Reads15
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jade-reads15.html

Post by Jade_Reads15 »

Pretty Baby by Mary Kubica and Defending Jacob
rep_review
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rep-review.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by rep_review »

I've recently enjoyed the series of books by Robert Galbraith (aka JK Rowling) The Cuckoos Calling, Thr Silkworm, and The Career of Evil. All focus on the skills of private detective/investigator Cormoran Strike and his assistant Robin. They are substantial books - but definitely good reads.
LoriRae
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorirae.html

Post by LoriRae »

If you want an excellent crime drama series read the 'In Death' series by JD Robb. Its a futuristic police crime drama series about a homicide lieutenant. It is set in New York and book one "Naked in Death" starts in the year 2058. Each book continues the story in real time more or less in the books time frame. At this time there are over 40 stories in this series. All are excellent.
KellBellFamFootnote
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by KellBellFamFootnote »

I have been recommending the Robert Galbraith's book series with the character Cormoran Strike a lot lately. Especially to my friends that enjoy reading John Sandford, Lee Childs and Ridley Pearson. I don't always tell them that Robert Galbraith is really a pseudonym for J.K. Rowling, because some crime/thriller book reading enthusiasts seem to turn their noses up at the Harry Potter series. The three books so far by Robert Galbraith are: "Cuckoo's Calling" (#1), "The Silkworm" (#2), and "Career of Evil" (#3).
GreenBookworm
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greenbookworm.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Sean T. Smith

Post by GreenBookworm »

For me, if it is about horror books, Stephen King is definitely one of my favorite authors. He has a lot of great books in the genre, but if I should say a few books, I would say The Shining and The Talisman. In my eyes they are also the best books of Stephen King and for horror fans, definitely worth to read. Another recommendation and also one of my favorites is Bram Stoker's Dracula. It is a classic, which I never get bored to reread.
ashleyjosnyder
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashleyjosnyder.html

Post by ashleyjosnyder »

I have read a lot of Dean Koontz books and they are some of my favorite horror/thriller books. James Patterson crime novels are also a good ol' standby!
Rach_A
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rae-antone.html

Post by Rach_A »

I would recommend "The Dead House" it is a young adult book and is basically about the girl who has two souls in one body. If you don't mind a story that is told through newspaper clips and story experts.
MrsPotts
Currently Reading: K is for Killing
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrspotts.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by MrsPotts »

Killer Smile by Lisa Scottoline
ReadandRoll[
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: There are several
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... nbroken</a>
Currently Reading: The Dark Tower IV
Bookshelf Size: 550
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by ReadandRoll[ »

Jeffrey Weaver has excellent crime thrillers
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~Chinese Proverb
Clifora
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clifora.html
Latest Review: "Before I Wake" by Seven Steps

Post by Clifora »

I've read a book called Virals written by Kathy Reichs, and it is part of a series. It's a really gripping and thrilling story. It is about a group of "sci-philes" with canine superpowers who try to solve a cold-case murder. I'm absolutely ADDICTED to that series! It's mainly about forensic sciences, but even if you have no prior knowledge about forensic sciences, it's still pretty easy to understand. I'd definitely recommend it to EVERYBODY!

-- 11 Jul 2016, 09:10 --

I've read a book called Virals written by Kathy Reichs, and it is part of a series. It's a really gripping and thrilling story. It is about a group of "sci-philes" with canine superpowers who try to solve a cold-case murder. I'm absolutely ADDICTED to that series! It's mainly about forensic sciences, but even if you have no prior knowledge about forensic sciences, it's still pretty easy to understand. I'd definitely recommend it to EVERYBODY!
Latest Review: "Before I Wake" by Seven Steps
Reyes183
Currently Reading: You're Next
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyes183.html

Post by Reyes183 »

I am currently reading Tsar by Ted Bell. This series is book 4 in the Alex Hawke series. I love this series because is full of action and adventure. These books are just impossible to put down. I am going to read the entire series. I highly recommend this series to all readers who love to enjoy good thrillers. Ted Bell is truly one of the greats of the literary world.
leslieslibrary

Post by leslieslibrary »

I'm currently listening to an audiobook of Coma by Robin Cook. It's a medical thriller! Very intriguing so far
Umh
Currently Reading: The defence
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-umh.html

Post by Umh »

Hi , I am new to this website and the whole reviewing a book thing. But I had to comment on this thread as I read many crime thrillers and would like to add to the list of books mentioned by others. I feel James Pattersons books are exceptionally good to read , I throughly enjoyed reading Guilty Wives , which is about a group of friends that go on a girls only holiday only for their husbands to follow and the girls to end up in prison abroad for something they did not do ! It was a book that I could not put down and would 100% recommend for others to read.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”