Crime, Thrillers, Horror and Mystery Recommendations

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MikaylaSanchez
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mikaylasanchez.html

Re: Crime, Thrillers, Horror and Mystery Recommendations

Post by MikaylaSanchez »

Stephen King is always my go to when I am in the mood for creepy, scary, or thrilling. He has so many titles out there in such a wide variety, I honestly believe he has something for everyone.

My favorite books so far have been:
Desperation
Gunslinger
Time Zone
[worthim]

Post by [worthim] »

I must agree with you! He is an amazing writer. My favourites are from his earlier works:

The Stand
Salem's Lot
Firestarter
Dward4500
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dward4500.html

Post by Dward4500 »

Just finished Allison Brennan The Lost Girls and I had a hard time putting it down! Can't wait for the next book in March 2017.
[worthim]

Post by [worthim] »

I've never read anything by her- I've just had a look on Goodreads, and she has written a lot! What would you recommend as a starting point?
Dward4500
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dward4500.html

Post by Dward4500 »

Love me to death I think is the first of the Lucy Kincaid books. This is my favorite series of hers but they are really good. She makes you feel like you know these characters personally. I highly recommend this author, she is one of my favorites.
ninachatterjee
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ninachatterjee.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer

Post by ninachatterjee »

Agatha Christies's Sad Cypress: Hercule Poirot is the ultimate perfectionist and a classy Belgian detective. This particular novel is great.
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
javaflipflops
Currently Reading: Wedding Cake Murder
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-javaflipflops.html

Post by javaflipflops »

I highly recommend both Jonathan Kellerman and his wife Faye Kellerman. Their books are easy reads with lots of intrigue and plot twists. Each of the authors has their own series with unique characters and plots. They're set in the USA.
msmillennial
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msmillennial.html

Post by msmillennial »

I loved "The Obsession" by Nora Roberts. The plot was quite original, and the characters were amazing! It's a little bit of a mind-bending turn of events toward the end, but the conclusion is very satisfying and I felt there were very few if any loose ends left unattended.
Leese
Currently Reading: The Lafayette Campaign
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leese.html
Latest Review: "Probable Cause for Vengeance" by David Wolf
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Leese »

I'm currently reading "Dawn Girl" by Leslie Wolfe and I'm really enjoying it. If you like a good murder mystery/serial killer story, then I'd recommend it. The characters feel real, particularly FBI Agent Tess who has her own personal reasons for catching the killer, and the relationships between the main characters are interesting, believable and sometimes intense.
Latest Review: "Probable Cause for Vengeance" by David Wolf
Cowgirl888
Currently Reading: The 13th Demon
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cowgirl888.html

Post by Cowgirl888 »

I just finished reading a couple of Terri Blackstock mystery books and they were outstanding. For those that do not know Terri Blackstock she's a Christian mystery writer. Her work is clean.
OctoberSkye13
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-octoberskye13.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by OctoberSkye13 »

One of my favorites has to be Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. Seriously loved that book. The ending nearly killed me.
However, another great one would be The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. That book was AMAZING. I have never seen the movie. But the book was so good I feel like the movie would ruin it for me! Does anyone else ever feel that way? Like movies ruin awesome books? Because I do!
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
dark_euphoria
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dark-euphoria.html

Post by dark_euphoria »

I really enjoyed Swan Song by Robert McCammon. For me it was the closest to feeling that sense of joy and awe since 'The Stand'. Another epic book, it touches on similar subjects of good vs evil in the face of an apocalypse. Sometimes a bit gruesome but compelling throughout. I would highly recommend for anyone who likes apocalyptic fiction.
Miffyface
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miffyface.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Miffyface »

For horror, you can't go wrong with Clive Barker. Imagica is my all time favorite of his. It's a good blend of fantasy and horror. His newest is called Infernal Parade, but I haven't read it yet.
jwheeler28
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jwheeler28.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by jwheeler28 »

I cant base my post here off of just one book. Its a series by James Patterson that I absolutely love. Its his Alex Cross series. Each book, starting from the first, is ones that you almost cant put down. There are always so many twists to whats going on, you never know whats going to happen until it does. His first Alex Cross novel, Along Came a Spider, he goes after a person who kidnaps children. This kidnapper is very elusive and leaves even the FBI and Secret Service completely stumped. In each book you cant wait to find out what is going to happen, but at the same time fear what might come about. I strongly recommend not only these books, but this author if you are looking for a good crime novel. Or even books about serial killers who don't stop until caught or worse. I'm reading Kiss the Girls right now, and I am only in the first few chapters, but I cant put it down. Even though I have seen the movie.
Cowgirl888
Currently Reading: The 13th Demon
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cowgirl888.html

Post by Cowgirl888 »

I would recommend the following mystery authors.

James Patterson - Woman's Murder Club Series
Lisa Jackson - To Die Series
J.D. Robb - In Death Series

A good Christian mystery author is Terri Blackstock. I just started reading her stuff and I enjoyed them. Easy reading.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”