Official Review: Rampage by Alan Brenham

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Official Review: Rampage by Alan Brenham

Post by Sarah_Khan »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Rampage" by Alan Brenham.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Rampage by Alan Brenham is a thrilling crime novel that will have you biting your nails until you reach the last chapter. This novel, based in Texas, follows a detective named Jason Scarsdale while he tries to chase down a gang responsible for various gruelling crimes. We follow Scarsdale as he tries to catch the criminals all while making sure he follows the book of the law, but soon enough things get personal, and the stakes get higher. The cover of the book states that this is a Jason Scarsdale novel, so I assume the author has written other novels with the same main character but you do not need to have read any other novels to understand this one. This novel works great as a stand-alone.

I gave this book 4 out of 4 stars. Every part of this book was great. Alan Brenham is an extremely talented writer, he truly knows how to keep your heart rate up. He did a better job at scaring me than some other authors that actually write horror stories. I really liked how Brenham created the characters, it is very easy to quickly get invested into their lives and start worrying about their safety. I also appreciated the fact that the bad guys in the book are bad, the author did not feel the need to have us feel sorry for them, which is refreshing because it seems like that is the trend these days.

Even though I found myself cringing at certain parts of the book because of the vulgarity, I quickly got used to it and I understand that the vulgarity had to be in the story to be true to the characters and the crimes.

There were only two things that bothered me while reading this book. The first thing that bugged me was that since there is a lot of action in the beginning of the book, when the action starts to slow down towards the middle, I found myself getting a little bored and impatient. But that could just be a sign of a great plot. The second thing that bummed me out a little is that I found myself wanting to learn a little more about the characters and their backstories, so I think I will end up reading another Jason Scarsdale novel since I have gotten attached to the characters.

To conclude, I would recommend Rampage to anyone that likes novels that keep you on edge until the very end. The only people that should steer clear are kids and people that do not like profanity, because this book has an ample amount of it. Personally, I could definitely see myself picking up another book by Alan Brenham.

Rampage
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Sarah_Khan's review? Post a comment saying so!
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sounds like a great read. Though I haven't been reading detective stories lately, this sounds like something I would enjoy if I get a chance to read it. Great job on the review.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

Definitely sounds like the type of book to keep my attention! Nice review as well!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>

Post by Sarah_Khan »

Thanks kimmyschemy06 and klbradley :D
fallenechoes
Currently Reading: Doomed Soul
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by fallenechoes »

Good review. As a fan of good action this seems like a book I need to read. Thanks!
Sarah_Khan

Post by Sarah_Khan »

Thank you and yeah this is a great read for action fans :)
Romayamalik
Currently Reading: Land of Two Seas
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by Romayamalik »

It seems to be good book for the reader.
A lots of action and thril in it..

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”