Review Practice! Under the Dome by Stephen King

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
DustiRose3
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dustirose3.html

Review Practice! Under the Dome by Stephen King

Post by DustiRose3 »

Under the Dome by Stephen King is the third book I have read by him and is my favorite so far.What I liked most about this book is how much it makes you think. The entire book is composed of the most primal of instincts human beings can achieve. A crisis will bring out the best and the worst in people. Under the Dome did an amazing job of bring such a situation to reality. The bad guys were not just bad guys, they were normal human beings always doing what they think is best for themselves. I give this book a 5\5 rating!
rep_review
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rep-review.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by rep_review »

Thanks for the review of this book.. I also thoroughly enjoyed this book, and am increasingly becoming a Stephen King fan!
DustiRose3
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dustirose3.html

Post by DustiRose3 »

You're welcome! I am too, the next one I want to read is The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer!
Emerald_Lynn
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emerald-lynn.html

Post by Emerald_Lynn »

Under the Dome is based on the concept of an entire town being suddenly sealed off from the rest of the world and the social, political, and even meteorological struggles that ensue is highly fascinating. All at the same time, King did let me down with the cast of dull, one-dimensional, and highly stereotypical characters. It seems in this very novel that you're either a hateful, fear-mongering murderous megalomaniac or you're a gentle, respectful, selfish individual with a limitless background of useful talents. There's little to no in-between within the dynamics of this novel. The interactions of these said characters often seems forced and unnatural. The dialogue at times is horrendous and scattered. However, the premise of the novel certainly kept me enthralled and the notion that one can be so completely isolated from functional society and the disasters which could result from this isolation became a truly terrifying prospect, especially as the story progressed. In the end, I must say that is outweighed all the negatives previously mentioned. It involved many emotionally vulnerable and touching sciences where it became crushingly apparent as to how different a situation could be from one location to another, even if those locations are just inches apart.
versatileer
Favorite Book: Serial K Returns
Currently Reading: Forgiven
Bookshelf Size: 338

Post by versatileer »

Practice! Under the Dome is an unusual book, but there really is no usual when it comes to Stephen King. I love most of his books. It is very entertaining and has horror with a science fiction setting. I give a 5 star rating on the great writing. I enjoy such novels in miod to late afternoon.
zero_macabre
Currently Reading: The Snowman
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zero-macabre.html
Latest Review: "No Simple Miracle" by Meggan Haller

Post by zero_macabre »

I haven't read any books by Stephen King yet. Well, good job on the practice!
Latest Review: "No Simple Miracle" by Meggan Haller
MythicDrmR
Currently Reading: Empire of Night
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mythicdrmr.html

Post by MythicDrmR »

I found the book to be much better than the series, which is often the case for me. Anytime they serialize a book, whether it is Stephen King or another author's books, I find myself losing interest. However, with everything there are exceptions: Haven on the Sci Fi channel (based on the Colorado Kid) was very well done. Stephen King always keeps me entertained with the breadth of his imagination and writing talent.
"The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." ~~Dr. Seuss (I Can Read with My Eyes Shut!)~~
eva kvitin
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by eva kvitin »

"Under the Dome" by Stephen King,
Ever since watching the TV series, which was an absolute masterpiece, I soon realized that there was a book version.
I was thrilled since I am one of those people that believes that books hold more detail, revealing more characteristics of both background and characters - which can divulge a lot about the plot later on.
As predicted, while reading the first 10 pages of the book, I mentally compared it the start of the TV-series. It was much more in-detail of its surroundings, I started noticing things I haven't before, which gave me a more detailed image than in the show.
Overall, I think the book should be read first.
I give it a 5/5 rank.
Maggie G
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggie-g.html
Latest Review: Andalusian in Jerusalem by Mois benarroch

Post by Maggie G »

What a good idea to practice writing reviews! I am a long-time Stephen King fan, although it’s been a while since I’ve picked one up. Happy reading!
Mammacd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mammacd.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by Mammacd »

Like most Stephen King novels, I loved this !

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”