Official Review: Long Valley by Robert E Kreig

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tanaya
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanaya.html
Latest Review: Beans...Finding My Way Home by Debi Brown
fav_author_id: 1746

Re: Official Review: Long Valley by Robert E Kreig

Post by Tanaya »

Thanks!
RyanS
Currently Reading: The Night Garderner
Bookshelf Size: 48

Post by RyanS »

Based upon the plot alone, the story isn't my cup of tea. But, it sounds like the author's talent for developing characters grows beyond the plot constrictions, and frankly that's the kind of thing that makes me pause and pick something up. Nice review!
Tanaya
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanaya.html
Latest Review: Beans...Finding My Way Home by Debi Brown
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Tanaya »

True. A more original concept added to his power of creating characters and his other strengths as a writer would be something I'd be very excited to read.
Robert E Kreig
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Robert E Kreig »

I understand that not everyone respects the zombie (or zombie-esque) genre, but for me, writing Long Valley, my first novel, was as far away from my day-to-day job as I could get. So, it was a form of escapism. In actual fact, I was concerned that my characters were a tad bit one-dimensional, but the feedback from this forum as well as others has been surprisingly positive concerning my character development. I guess I've found one of my strengths as a writer.
If it is of any consolation, I have another book with my editor at the moment. It is probably going to be referred to as a Fantasy novel because it contains a couple of mystical creatures, but I don't regard it as so. I would fit it into the action/horror category.
Hoping to release it early next year.
keep watching for it.
- Robert E Kreig.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”