Review 1st to Die by James Patterson

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lisastefko1990
Bookshelf Size: 0

Review 1st to Die by James Patterson

Post by Lisastefko1990 »

I absolutely fell in love with this book. Why? Because it's about women coming together and building each other up. They encourage one another to never give up. Lindsey Boxer is the Homicide Detective who solves her cases with the help of three amazing women. Claire Washburn is the ME and also the best friend of Lindsey. I love their friendship that they have! James Patterson really brought me into their world and made me feel like I was there with Lindsey, going through the evidence and chasing down the suspects. I would have to say that Claire is my favorite character. She's so carefree, loving, and caring. She's a mother so she has that touch to her. Her and her husbands marriage aren't really described much in this book but I love the understanding that they have for each other. Lindsey would be my second favorite. She's outspoken and determined. Her "love life" isn't the greatest but I love how she's strong and moves on. This is a must read! It really gets you on the edge of your seat, couch, bed or wherever your at reading this awesome book!
Jsam+04
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jsam+04 »

I agree completely!! I have read this book several times and each time I read it I would pick up on new clues that I had not the time before. The book keeps you mesmerized no matter how many times you read it...
Amose13
Currently Reading: Dragonfly in Amber
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amose13.html
Latest Review: "Jungle Paradise" by A N King

Post by Amose13 »

Oh I loved this book!! I listened to the audio version of it. I started in the car but had to stop because it was too distracting haha. It was the best book to do yard work by! He really and truly created accessible, imperfect characters that I wanted to know more about! That doesn't always happen in mystery/thriller novels.
Latest Review: "Jungle Paradise" by A N King
Cowgirl888
Currently Reading: The 13th Demon
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cowgirl888.html

Post by Cowgirl888 »

I agree with all of you...outstanding book. Great book to start off on a new series. I really like the characters and I feel as though I'm part of the club. Looking forward to reading the entire series.
AlwaysWorthIt
Currently Reading: The Serial Killer Files
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alwaysworthit.html
Latest Review: "Gilligan's Toy" by Janice Smith

Post by AlwaysWorthIt »

I like your review. The book was a major catch for me. I was looking for a new crime series to start. I looked back in my personal library of books I had yet to read and there is was. So I just finished 1st to Die and that was it, I'm hooked. I love the idea of an all inclusive think tank of friends, people you can trust. It's a bonus that it is all women, given that is not seen often, but a growing idea.

I am very excited to keep reading the series.
It's Always Worth the Read.
Latest Review: "Gilligan's Toy" by Janice Smith
Jeanabel Ramos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeanabel-ramos.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Jeanabel Ramos »

My favorite author for Crime, Mystery, Thriller and Suspense books is James Patterson. This book is so fascinating and I like the characters because it portrays women empowerment. Thanks for the review by the way.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”