Official Review: Fatal Obssession (Book #2 Black Widows s...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Official Review: Fatal Obssession (Book #2 Black Widows s...

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Fatal Obssession (Book #2 Black Widows series)" by Christina OW.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Fatal Obsession by Christina Ow is the second book in the Black Widow Series. When I accepted this review I decided it would be best to read the first book in the series beforehand and I am glad I did. This is a book that, had I read it without reading the first one I would have been confused because one ties into the other. This novel is full of action with enough romance to keep the reader happy but not overshadow the plot. I was engaged the entire story and unable to put the book down.

Ellsa Jabari is a woman on the run. But from what, she doesn’t know. She suffers from amnesia, only remembering a short time of her life. Damien, her weekend fling, is filled with a need to find her. It is a need that consumes him. When he finally finds her it's not what he expected. He has to take his family and run. What Ellsa doesn't remember is that she made enemies and they are after her! As she tries to get her life back, Ellsa is able to reconnect with people she had no idea were a part of her life. As the story moves forward, the author keeps the reader holding their breath and guessing at what will happen next giving a wow factor. I found that to be very refreshing because it has been awhile since I have read a book like this.

I really enjoyed reading Fatal Obsession. The book is fast paced, and I had a hard time putting the down so I finished the book in less than a day. The characters were well developed and easy to relate with. Which made it easy to form a like and dislike for them. Ellsa for instance, I formed a strong dislike for her in the first book but in the second book everything we came to know about her gets flipped upside-down.

Action with a romantic twist is my favorite kind of book. For me if the author does it right I get sucked in until the end. Who doesn’t love a good fast paced book that isn't overshadowed with descriptive romantic scenes? I thought the romance in the book was written tastefully. The romance was also rare enough that it didn’t overshadow the plot of the story which is a big thing for me. It had the perfect balance of action to draw you in and make you feel for the characters but enough romance to make your heart flutter.

As you may have noticed, there wasn’t anything negative in this review. I was overall happy with the effect the novel had on me and I look forward to reading more from this author, especially the third book. With that being said I rate Fatal Obsession a 4 out of 4 stars. I highly recommend this novel but I would recommend reading the first book before diving into this one. I hope everybody enjoys it as much as I did.

Fatal Obssession (Book #2 Black Widows series)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like TrishaAnn92's review? Post a comment saying so!
Cee-Jay Aurinko
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: The Dark Tower 1 - The Gunslinger
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cee-jay-aurinko.html
Latest Review: "Higgins Hotel" by Carla Coffman
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Cee-Jay Aurinko »

And I rate your review 4 out of 4 stars! The plot sounds really interesting. I never get tired about reading about characters on the run.
"Might as well drink the ocean with a spoon as argue with a lover." -- The Dark Tower 2, Stephen King
Latest Review: "Higgins Hotel" by Carla Coffman
Tanaya
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanaya.html
Latest Review: Beans...Finding My Way Home by Debi Brown
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Tanaya »

I"m glad you read the first book before the second. Smart move. And hearing that the romance is well-balanced definitely makes it a good recommendation to me. I like for there to be romance in a book, too, but the actual story is most important. Nice review!
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Great review TrishaAnn! I like that you decided to read the first book before this one. I read a review book a few months ago that was the 3rd in a series - it had a bunch of inside jokes about the characters that I didn't understand. It would have helped if I had read the 1st book, like you did!
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
TrishaAnn92
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

Thank you everybody!

@bookowlie: I agree I have had it happen and decided not read the previous books and it was really confusing! And this one definitely would have been confusing if I hadn't.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

TrishaAnn, I had that happen with a mystery I reviewed a few months ago. It was very good, but there were some references and inside jokes about the characters I didn't get. I wish I had read the 1st book in the series (the reivew book was #3).
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
TrishaAnn92

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

Wow, yeah I could see that being confusing!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”