Book Review: The Cannibal's Daughter: a novel by Mitchell Ne

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
shinthebookworm
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shinthebookworm.html

Book Review: The Cannibal's Daughter: a novel by Mitchell Ne

Post by shinthebookworm »

The title caught my interest while browsing eBook Stage deals and with the interesting synopsis, I downloaded this read for free on Amazon.

Caroline's father was Keeling the Cannibal who was sentenced to death but after his execution video went viral, he showed up to Caroline to ask for her help. Together they need to uncover the clues to locate the hidden million dollars. As she try to help Keeling find the money, the more danger she was in..... the detective she trusted, a gang called Trinities and even from Keeling.

The characters, and the plot were interesting and intriguing. A suspense read full with lies, secrets, deceit and conspiracy. As I got deeper into the story and as more revelation has been revealed, I was kept thinking if the characters were really who they are.

The ending wasn't what I expected tho. With the truths revealed, I was expecting Caroline would do something to clear the name of her father and there was no explanation of the significance of the silver dollar.

A recommended read especially for those into suspense genre.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”