"Blue Screen" by Robert B. Parker

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
sahmoun2778
Favorite Author: Dana Stabenow
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahmoun2778.html
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen
Reading Device: 1400698987
fav_author_id: 10781

"Blue Screen" by Robert B. Parker

Post by sahmoun2778 »

Another great story from Robert Parker! This one features Sunny Randall who I wasn’t sure at the beginning I would like, but she quickly pulled me into her world.

In “Blue Screen” Sunny is hired to protect a young B-rated film star named Erin Flint. When Erin’s personal assistant is found dead in the gym the assignment turns from protection to a murder investigation. Sunny will have to travel from Boston to L.A. and back again before she unravels all the twists in this mystery. But she won’t be alone. Parker’s Chief of Paradise Police, Jesse Stone, is also in this story since the murder takes place in his jurisdiction. Jesse and Sunny hit it off immediately and together, but from different angles, manage to put the pieces into place.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I found Sunny to be a very engaging character who expertly balances her femininity with the toughness required for her job. It was great the way Robert Parker brought characters from his other books together in this one. In addition to Jesse Stone, Susan Silverman from Spenser makes an appearance as Sunny’s psychiatrist.

I would highly recommend this book for mystery lovers. Sunny Randall is another great female detective to add to your reading list (if you haven’t already). Note that this is not the first book in the Sunny Randall series but stands just fine on its own.
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”