Favorite James Patterson book/series?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BookShelfy91
Favorite Author: Elayne Mitchell
Currently Reading: The Black Echo
Bookshelf Size: 9

Re: Favorite James Patterson book/series?

Post by BookShelfy91 »

I absolutely love his books, I am still trying to catch up with most of them. I have finally caught up with the Women's Murder Club series it is by far my favourite, now I just have to wait until he releases the next one next year. I have recently started reading the Maximum ride series as well, loving that and the Alex Cross series as well.
Earlier this year I had the pleasure of meeting James Patterson when he came to Melbourne, fantastic guy, very smart, quick witted and a complete smart..uh..alec. Fantastic books.
Zoo was a great read...although also a little worrying...

Shelfy
Mike_Lang
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 50592">The Life and Times of The Thunderbolt Kid</a>
Currently Reading: Mississippi Noir
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mike-lang.html
Latest Review: "Justice Prevails" by Colin Lodder
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Mike_Lang »

I'm not much of a Patterson fan.. Wait! I come in peace. There's a pretty neat article about him in this month's (Nov. 2015) issue of the magazine Mental_floss. It talks about how he has been donating a lot of time and money to encourage more recreational reading among kids by setting up an organization that donates to school libraries and such.
Latest Review: "Justice Prevails" by Colin Lodder
BookShelfy91
Favorite Author: Elayne Mitchell
Currently Reading: The Black Echo
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by BookShelfy91 »

He talked about this at the signing and interview earlier this year, I think it is fantastic that he is encouraging kids to read. As well as donating money to libraries and book shops as well.

Shelfy
[Sarzy 19]
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarzy-19.html

Post by [Sarzy 19] »

Alex Cross series, devoured them, loved the way you were hooked straight away and the short chapters kept the fast pace.
sunny_dazee
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunny-dazee.html

Post by sunny_dazee »

Private Games. Best James Patterson bok i've read so far
L-herron
Currently Reading: The Girl She Used to Be
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by L-herron »

I haven't read a lot of James Paterson but I just finished NYPD Red and I really enjoyed it. I think I will be looking into more of his books.
the wisdom to see
Currently Reading: Aurora Sky
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-wisdom-to-see.html

Post by the wisdom to see »

Women's Murder Club is a great series! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this series. (Kay Scarpetta by Patricia Cornwell is another great series)
aebaile09
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aebaile09.html
Latest Review: "5 Steps to living a Happier and more Enlightened life" by Jennifer Rossouw

Post by aebaile09 »

I just finished reading Murder House and I LOVED it. Besides the NYPD Red Series, and the Women's Murder Club, I haven't read many of his other books. I absolutely love both series, and can't wait for the new ones!
Latest Review: "5 Steps to living a Happier and more Enlightened life" by Jennifer Rossouw
lmoses
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmoses.html
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline

Post by lmoses »

I love his Alex Cross series but am also a huge fan of his Women's Murder Club. Both follow a great lead character but provide different aspects in catching criminals. James Patterson has an amazing way with words!
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline
Momof2loves1981
Favorite Author: Chris Kuzneski
Currently Reading: Unspeakable Acts
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-momof2loves1981.html
Latest Review: "Infected" by James Schannep
fav_author_id: 22186

Post by Momof2loves1981 »

I love his writing as well. I enjoyed the Alex Cross books but loved the Maximum Ride series! As a mom to a teenage boy, it was great because it held his interest as well. I think when an author can reach over age boundaries, especially with teenage boys, and still be able to excite readers is a true test of an authors skill. The characters and the individual stories gave the ability to identify with different aspects of each character. Great reading!
Latest Review: "Infected" by James Schannep
ZidaneZombie
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zidanezombie.html

Post by ZidaneZombie »

I really loved Kill Me If You Can. So many plot twists which nearly blew my mind. Had to reread the book to fully understand some parts.
e-tasana-williams
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-tasana-williams.html
Latest Review: Monkey Mind Madness by Sharon Dorival
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by e-tasana-williams »

I was just recently introduced to his work. I loved The 1st To Die, and would like to read more of the Women's Murder Club series. ZOO was interesting too. What a talented (and prolific!) writer he is. Both books I've read so far are so fast-paced I don't want to put them down until the end of the book (sorry, chores).
Once you learn to read, you will be forever free ~ Frederick Douglas
Divastar24
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-divastar24.html

Post by Divastar24 »

I really enjoy all of James Patterson's books. I really like the Alex Cross series even though I haven't read all of them yet and have had a hard time finding them in order. I also enjoyed the Michael Bennet series and have read all except the last one. James Patterson is a good suspense writer and all of his books make you want to turn the page and keep reading.
Divastar24
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-divastar24.html

Post by Divastar24 »

All of his books that I have read have made me want to keep reading and find out what happens next. My favorite series by him is the Alex Cross series. I haven't read all the books but I'm really enjoying the series so far.
AlyssaBotte
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alyssabotte.html

Post by AlyssaBotte »

In my opinion, the Michael Bennet series is his best work. Out of that series, the first book, Step on A Crack, is probably my favorite book written by him.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”