Favorite James Patterson book/series?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Arie_
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: NYPD Red 1
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arie.html
fav_author_id: 3251

Favorite James Patterson book/series?

Post by Arie_ »

I adore this guys writing. I have read the entire Alex Cross series. I am currently back and forth between Private and BYPD RED. But there's so many. My favorite book was You've been warned. It involves all the goods of love , sex, lies , mystery , and horror. I had chills!

So what is everybody's favorite?
Kjewett07
Currently Reading: The long walk
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kjewett07.html

Post by Kjewett07 »

My favorite series is The Women's Murder Club. What's better than a group of women solving murders together? Not that I'm a feminist, but I do sometimes enjoy books where females are the ones doing what some consider a "man's job."

It's not a series, but I also love Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas. It's a wonderful story about love, death and moving on.
Arie_
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: NYPD Red 1
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arie.html
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Arie_ »

Kjewett07 wrote:My favorite series is The Women's Murder Club. What's better than a group of women solving murders together? Not that I'm a feminist, but I do sometimes enjoy books where females are the ones doing what some consider a "man's job."

It's not a series, but I also love Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas. It's a wonderful story about love, death and moving on.

And they do it flawlessly. I really love that series as well.
paigemiller813
Currently Reading: black-eyed susans
Bookshelf Size: 170
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paigemiller813.html

Post by paigemiller813 »

I am an avid James Patterson reader. My favorite series is Alex Cross, I have read all the novels and each one had me hooked from the first chapter. The stories he comes up with for these books are just incomparable. I have tried to read other murder-mystery books, but I always find myself coming back to James Patterson. His style of writing, his characters and his story lines are just second to none. The plot twists keep me on the edge of my seat and I find myself unable to put the book down until I have the satisfaction of finished it. I have just recently started reading the Women's Murder Club series and I am blown away. I never thought I would find a series I loved as much as Alex Cross! Once again, his characters and plot twists keep me coming back for more.
TRCDFamily
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 570
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trcdfamily.html
Latest Review: "Initiated To Kill" by Sharlene Almond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by TRCDFamily »

The Cross series is one I am enjoying a lot right now. Still have a long ways to go but definitely a good series! I tried the first few Women's Murder club but lost interest around book 7. My kids LOVED the Maximum Ride series.
Latest Review: "Initiated To Kill" by Sharlene Almond
crime_readingchick23
Currently Reading: The Blue Tattoo
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by crime_readingchick23 »

Arie_ wrote:I adore this guys writing. I have read the entire Alex Cross series. I am currently back and forth between Private and BYPD RED. But there's so many. My favorite book was You've been warned. It involves all the goods of love , sex, lies , mystery , and horror. I had chills!

So what is everybody's favorite?
oh man James Patterson is my number one favourite author! iv read most of his books and i cant decided which one i love the most :) the Alex Cross series is pretty good. followed by Kiss the Girls, Violet are Blue and then the womens murder club
dhaller
Currently Reading: The Moral Arc
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhaller.html
Latest Review: "Off to See the Wizard" by Clay Johnson

Post by dhaller »

Maximum Ride. A bunch of teenagers with wings? Pretty cool.

On the other hand, it got kind of weird in the later books.

How much of "James Patterson's" works are really written by him, though? Isn't he always working with other authors?
Latest Review: "Off to See the Wizard" by Clay Johnson
geno0157
Favorite Author: John Grisham
Currently Reading: Too Many Crooks Spoil the Broth
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geno0157.html
fav_author_id: 2455

Post by geno0157 »

I think I've read almost all of his books and always look forward to the next. It's difficult to choose between Women's Murder Club and Alex Cross as my 'favorite'. I love them both.
Jsam+04
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jsam+04 »

I love all the James Patterson books! I pre-order all so I have it the day it's out....
Maryann
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Maryann »

I just finished Murder House. This one has to be my favorite. I literally could not put it down and read at one sitting. Just when I had it all figured out Patterson throws out the rules.
ebetti09
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebetti09.html

Post by ebetti09 »

James Patterson is by far my favorite author. To pick a favorite book or series is pretty difficult in my opinion, since most of his books are mind blowing. The Alex Cross Series of course sticks out to me and out of that series, Violets are Blue has to be it. It was the first James Patterson book I ever read and I never looked back. It is completely incredible to me how his mind works. I think to myself "How does one person come up with some of these ideas?" Not many authors can pull that imagination off. Violets are Blue has the perfect amount thrill, mystery, a bit sci-fi, suspense, etc. As always, it had me on the edge of my seat.
Jojowrites4All
Favorite Author: L.A. Banks
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2847">The Great Gatsby</a>
Currently Reading: Hidden in Plain Sight: Revelation of the Sons of Yah
Bookshelf Size: 514
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jojowrites4all.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 8337

Post by Jojowrites4All »

Women's Murder Club series
~ A Lack of Preparation on Your Part - Doesn't Constitute an Emergency on My Part~
Ariel113
Currently Reading: Paper Towns
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Ariel113 »

I've only read two James Patterson books, but I plan to read many more! I've read Zoo, which I thought was thrilling and I finished it one night. The other book I've read is The Postcard Killers, which I also really enjoyed. Both books really kept me hooked, and I couldn't put them down. I think next I want to start The Women's Murder Club series.
Momlovesbooks
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Book for Oreo
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-momlovesbooks.html
Latest Review: Winter's Kiss by H.L. Hines

Post by Momlovesbooks »

I love James Patterson's books! I've read many of them, but as far as series go, the Alex Cross series is my favorite. I haven't read any of the Women's Murder Club series yet. After reading some of the posts about how good it is, I think I'll have to read one and see for myself.
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sadly, I can only remember one book of his that I read, Along Came a Spider. It was a great book.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”