Official Review: The Feeding Path by Michelle Ridlon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ananya92
Favorite Author: Jeffrey Archer
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ananya92.html
Latest Review: A Passover in Peshawar by AM Sardar
fav_author_id: 4949

Official Review: The Feeding Path by Michelle Ridlon

Post by ananya92 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Feeding Path" by Michelle Ridlon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Feeding Path by Michelle Ridlon is a novel that can be placed in the psychological thriller genre. It is the first book in the Valenti series and follows the story of an FBI agent, Joe Valenti, as he tries to stop a serial killer from claiming his trophy victim.

FBI agents Joe and Nate have solved serial killer cases in the past, but this case is different. All the victims in this case look almost identical to his longtime girlfriend and forensic psychologist, Vicky O’Connell. What freaks him out more, is that all of them are tortured and made to re-enact events from Vicky’ past. It is clear to Joe, Vicky and Nate, that Vicky’s life is in danger and she is the trophy victim of this killer. Joe and Nate do everything in their power to keep Vicky safe but this killer is not deterred so easily. Will Vicky save herself using her psychology skills or will Joe and Nate fail to stop the murderer in time?

The book opens with the scene where the killer is torturing his victim, and the torture which is described in vivid detail is enough to keep the reader hooked to the book. The author has carefully placed the plot twists at crucial junctures of the book, making the book incredibly fast paced. The author takes the reader inside the mind of all the characters in the book and exposes the reader to emotions felt by each of the characters. The author has sketched the character of the murderer in a manner that will make the reader hate him and sympathize with him at the same time.

The author has also provided us with interesting side characters like Fatimah who has a psychological disorder, which the author describes in great detail. The different perspectives from which the book is written add to the suspense element of the book. There are some places where the author paints the thought process of the characters with such vivid detail, that the illusions seem real.

Vicky’s character is easily the most interesting character in the book. Her dilemmas, her nightmares, her superb psychology skills and her guilt are dealt superbly by the author in the book. There are different shades of her character which are displayed throughout the book. The sheer determination, with which she is able to pull herself out of the most dangerous situations, makes the book really exciting to read.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars for being an exciting, addictive, psychological thriller to read.

The Feeding Path
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | Hassle-Free Sample

Like ananya92's review? Post a comment saying so!
michelleridlon
Favorite Author: Lee Child
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 4411

Post by michelleridlon »

Wow! Thank you so much for your glowing review, Ananya92! I am so pleased with how thorough you were and that you seemed to enjoy reading it. I appreciate your time and thoughts and look forward to reading more of your reviews in the future. :)
ananya92
Currently Reading:

Post by ananya92 »

Jesska6029
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: The Harry Potter series
Currently Reading: It and Mr. Mercedes
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesska6029.html
Latest Review: "Texaners: Eight Short Stories" by T. F. Rhoden
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Jesska6029 »

Very nice review! I love the amount of detail. I'm going to check this one out!
“Some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all—in which case, you fail by default.” ~J.K. Rowling
shearsk
Favorite Author: Kay Hooper
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 11034">Out of the Shadows</a>
Currently Reading: A Deadly Web
Bookshelf Size: 227
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shearsk.html
Latest Review: "Blood Ties - The Bonds Are Permament" by Ashley Fontainne & Lillian Hansen
fav_author_id: 3327

Post by shearsk »

Does this book have a LOT graphic torture in detail? The story sounds interesting but I don't like it when there is too much torturing.
Latest Review: "Blood Ties - The Bonds Are Permament" by Ashley Fontainne & Lillian Hansen
michelleridlon
Favorite Author: Lee Child
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 4411

Post by michelleridlon »

The first 10 pages show the serial killer in action and gives a peek into his thought processes and obsessions. After that, there is little violence until the end but it is not gore. It is scary because of the psychological thought processes of the killer. You'll find it interesting and unpredictable. I hope you give it a try. :) :D
ananya92
Currently Reading:

Post by ananya92 »

@Jesska6029: Thanks :)
debo9967
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debo9967.html
Latest Review: "Self Examination" by VK Grover

Post by debo9967 »

The book seems to have a really interesting and gripping storyline. Nice review.
Latest Review: "Self Examination" by VK Grover
ananya92
Currently Reading:

Post by ananya92 »

Jesska6029
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: The Harry Potter series
Currently Reading: It and Mr. Mercedes
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesska6029.html
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Jesska6029 »

@ananya92 You're welcome! I am really enjoying your reviews!
“Some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all—in which case, you fail by default.” ~J.K. Rowling
gatorgirl_823
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gatorgirl-823.html
Latest Review: "Slam" by Tash McAdam

Post by gatorgirl_823 »

Nice review! It really intrigued me and now i've got to put this book on my reading list. Thanks!
Latest Review: "Slam" by Tash McAdam
ananya92
Currently Reading:

Post by ananya92 »

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”