Goosebumps by R.L Stine

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
weoo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Goosebumps by R.L Stine

Post by weoo »

Goosebumps are the reason I started reading books. They made my childhood! Even now, after reading legendary books like Harry Potter , The Hunger Games , Divergent , The Maze Runner , and so on, I feel the need to read some more Goosebumps books! In my opinion, R.L Stine is the hero of this generation's children! How many books has he written!? Some might be quite boring, but most of them are truly amazing! The Haunted Mask , Return of the Mummy , The Haunted School , and The Scarecrow Walks at Midnight are good examples of R.L Stine's books. But still, the Harry Potter books were, are, and will always be my favorite! :D
ashley_claire
Favorite Book: The Prince of Tides
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-claire.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by ashley_claire »

I preferred the Fear Street books but love R.L. Stine for getting me into thrillers at a young age.
Nicki18229
Currently Reading: The Pilot's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicki18229.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon
Reading Device: 1400699169

Post by Nicki18229 »

Oh this bring back memories of my Middle school years!! I got into them in 6th when I just picked it out of book order list you know those paper things you use to get in class you'd take it home to you parents to show them what you wanted to order then youd bring it back to school to send your order in. I think throught out middle school I read almost every book of R.L.Stine Goosebumps though was my fave, I think in box some where I still have all my R.L. Stine books
Thimble
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 6338">Iron Kissed</a>
Currently Reading: A Wise Man's Fear
Bookshelf Size: 270
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thimble.html
Latest Review: The Captain's Collie by Ace Mask
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Thimble »

I love Goosebumps. I also love the Fear Street books. They were the first chapter books I read when I was a child. There was actually a sense of danger and consequence in them. Also, I loved the twists!
Jesska6029
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: The Harry Potter series
Currently Reading: It and Mr. Mercedes
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesska6029.html
Latest Review: "Texaners: Eight Short Stories" by T. F. Rhoden
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Jesska6029 »

The 'Goosebumps' books got me into reading too! They totally solidified my love for horror and mystery books.
“Some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all—in which case, you fail by default.” ~J.K. Rowling
Latest Review: "Texaners: Eight Short Stories" by T. F. Rhoden
Thimble
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 6338">Iron Kissed</a>
Currently Reading: A Wise Man's Fear
Bookshelf Size: 270
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thimble.html
Latest Review: The Captain's Collie by Ace Mask
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Thimble »

Did any of you ever read the "choose your own adventure" Goosebumps? Those were really fun.
"You can never leave footprints that last if you are always walking on tiptoe." - Leymah Gbowee
scunning2688
Currently Reading: a storm of swords
Bookshelf Size: 38

Post by scunning2688 »

I LOVED Goosebumps as a child. I'm pretty sure we owned just about every book in the series. I even liked when they made a TV show out of the books (although I recently watched it with my nephew and laughed at how horrid the acting was). Horror and mystery is still my favorite genre for reading.
Ealasaid
Favorite Author: Unfair To Ask That
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 284">Emily of New Moon</a>
Currently Reading: The Princes of Ireland: The Dublin Saga
Bookshelf Size: 185
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ealasaid.html
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by Ealasaid »

Wow, flashback to Junior High! I think I read just about every Fear Street book in existence during my teen years. I still see them at the library, and it is nice to know that they are still around for the next generation to enjoy. They are great books.
"I dwell in Possibility" - Emily Dickinson
ann864
Currently Reading: Forever Twelve

Post by ann864 »

I always loved Goosebumps books as a child
AparisNedd
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aparisnedd.html

Post by AparisNedd »

I like the Goosebump series the first novel series I read in my childhood.I liked Welcome To The Dead House, Chicken Chicken,My Hairest Adventures,are my favorites.I think I loved the Babysitter story too!I used to watch the Goosebumps tv show and I was sad when it went off.I like the show Are You Afraid of the dark it reminded me of the Goosebumps.When it comes to Harry Potter I love the book and movies it created wonderful childhood memories. I want to get the Harry Potter movies now and watch them all!
Kjewett07
Currently Reading: The long walk
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kjewett07.html

Post by Kjewett07 »

ashley_claire wrote:I preferred the Fear Street books but love R.L. Stine for getting me into thrillers at a young age.
Fear Street books were by far my favorite but I still enjoyed Goosebumps! R.L. Stine started my love for reading and writing, though I've decided I should stick with reading! I'll never be a good writer! Lol :D
Jweaver05
Currently Reading: The Memory Box

Post by Jweaver05 »

Honestly, these were my favorite books growing up. I had a large collection of these books and I hope that someday my children will love these books as well.
CharChar84
Currently Reading: The Submissive
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by CharChar84 »

I also enjoyed the Goosebumps books as a middle schooler! I now have young kids that are appropriate age for these books and I am having a hard time finding them...sadly, I didn't keep a hold of mine when I was growing up :(
constant_reader81
Currently Reading: Skeleton Crew
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-constant-reader81.html

Post by constant_reader81 »

I loved Goosebumps, but as many others have posted, I adored the Fear Street series. For me, they were the precursor to start reading horror novels (mainly Stephen King). I often would like to try and read some of the books that I read as a child for nostalgic purposes.
ninxyd

Post by ninxyd »

I actually watched the TV series first. I had to wait until fridays at midnight to see it :( Then a couple of years later I found R.L Stine's books at a metro station (I live in Mexico :) ) and bought two, but they were from the Street Fear Series. It wasn't until I started reading Goosebumps...but I love them!!! Specially the plot twists... I ADORE the plot twists

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”