Janet Evanovich

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mountainlaurel+
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Janet Evanovich

Post by mountainlaurel+ »

I love this series. I have read up to 21. I love the grandma and the two hot guys. Can't wait for more.
mountainlaurel+

Post by mountainlaurel+ »

I also agree the movie for first book wasn't as good as book
Syrianasmom
Currently Reading: Corralled
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Syrianasmom »

I love this series and I love Janet Evanovich. I will forever be thankful for Janet Evanovich starting me reading. I grew up with dyslexia and it was an Intel 2006 that I picked up One for the Money started reading and I haven't stopped since. I know people are saying that they're sick of the way that she's writing the Stephanie Plum series but she always keeps me interested and I can't wait to see how the series ends.
caball1

Post by caball1 »

I also have invested many hours to reading these light hearted and entertaining books. I feel compelled to finish the series. They are a good easy read. Her series with Lee Goldberg is a different twist. Its a good series.
Syrianasmom
Currently Reading: Corralled
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Syrianasmom »

I love that series. I also love her Lizzy and Diesel series. I can't wait for her new book Curious Minds.
Alimichel11
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Alimichel11 »

I really enjoy these books when I need something lighter. I've read the majority of the series, and if you want laughs, I thought these books usually delivered. But you are right; after awhile it seems like the same book. Maybe space the books out over time and they won't feel so repetitive?
brodlins

Post by brodlins »

I really enjoyed the Stephanie Plum series even though I didn't read the books in order. I think I finally read the first one after I had read about ten others. The books are written in such a way as it is not entirely needed to read them in order unless you are really following the Morelli/Ranger relationships. I was more interested in Lula and Grandma's antics than in the relationship aspect of the books.
Enilorac25
Currently Reading: Thinking Fast and Slow
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enilorac25.html

Post by Enilorac25 »

I have read all of the Stephanie Plum books so far, but indeed have to say that it's starting to become a bit of the same. Relationship trouble - grandma does something crazy - someone wants to kill Stephanie - Stephanie wants to quit her job - etc.
But I also agree that the books remain funny, so I'll continue reading them.. ;-)
kc3po311
Currently Reading: Letters for Dad
Bookshelf Size: 688
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kc3po311.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by kc3po311 »

I own the entire collection and yes, while they can be repetitive (I tend to skip the paragraph/sentence when she describes the parent's house, where the Buick came from, how she knows Morelli and Ranger, etc as I know she inserts these each time so anyone who joins into the Plum at any book # has a brief background) I love these books, I have reread them all several times. They are my go to books when I want something fun and quick to read especially in-between my horror/crime/thriller books! I wish someone would have made a tv series on these like the Brits did with Midsummer Murders. (Great series and awesome show you can find on Netflix btw)
BarbaraBrien
Currently Reading: The Underground Railroad
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by BarbaraBrien »

I just started reading this series in the last couple years. It is fun, not challenging, easy series; like mind candy.
Julie Ditton
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 031">Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts 1 & 2</a>
Currently Reading: The Bone Collection
Bookshelf Size: 792
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-ditton.html
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Julie Ditton »

If you want familiar characters with original stories read some of the popular crime thriller authors, like John Sanford.

The Stephanie Plum books are the epitome of the "cozy mystery", an actual mystery to solve, instead of a graphic psychological crime thriller. There may be a murder, but it usually takes place before the story starts, Although there is danger, the reader knows that all the recurring characters will be just fine.

Stephanie and Lula are the Lucy and Ethel of women's mystery novels. Their antics along with Grandma Mazur make up the screwball comedy that keep the reader coming back. That being said, I agree with everyone about the love triangle. Enough, already.
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
TesaRenee
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tesarenee.html

Post by TesaRenee »

I've read a good portion of this series, but also love her other books. She and Carly Phillips have done a few together that are hilarious. I love a good comedy.
rkeene

Post by rkeene »

I have read several of Evanovich series and loved them. This one was as good as the others.
sean97005
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by sean97005 »

This is the first book by this author that I've read. I was very happy with this book. It had everything. Mystery, comedy, romance. This book kept me reading. Sometimes it is hard for me to get into a new book. Not with this one. I wanted to keep reading. You will be very happy if you pick up this book. I love reading series books and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of this series.
sean97005
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by sean97005 »

Two for the dough

I read the first book of this series and was very impressed. So I continued the series with this book and I felt this book was just as good. Loaded with humor, suspense, and action. This book kept me involved and reading. This is an easy read but very good.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”