Anne Perry novels

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
deelewis
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deelewis.html

Anne Perry novels

Post by deelewis »

I like the Thomas and Charlotte Pitt series as well as the William Monk character. If anyone likes Victorian mysteries I would suggest reading everything Anne has written. A lot of twists and turns and one never knows who has committed the crime until the end.
Lea Letters

Post by Lea Letters »

I agree that Anne Perry's Victorian mysteries are fun to read. I also enjoy Thomas and Charlotte Pitt along with William Monk. It's a fun way to learn about life during the Victorian era. Her plots are complex and well thought out. My only complaint, and it's a small one, is her love of adjectives. She never uses one if she can use three or four. This tends to drag down the pacing of the story. But I highly recommend her to people who love mysteries.
deelewis
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deelewis.html

Post by deelewis »

I agree with you about the use of adjectives. I also like the Pitt novels as well. Love the Gracie character.
Dreads123

Post by Dreads123 »

I love her books. I enjoy reading about the Victorian times. With her writings I can picture the homes, places,and of course the mystery so clear like I was there.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I have read most of her books and liked them. I stopped reading her after finding out about her sordid past (she was convicted of participating in the murder of her friend's mother in 1950).
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Chris Dutton
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-dutton.html
Latest Review: "NovoPulp 2013-2014 Anthology" by Niamh Brown, Ted Ewen, H. David Blalock, Lacerant Plainer, Micha Fire, Michael David Matula, Rich La

Post by Chris Dutton »

I read farriers lane following my wife loving it so much, and agreed wholeheartedly. However, she brought on herself the first 3 books of the series for Xmas!
Latest Review: "NovoPulp 2013-2014 Anthology" by Niamh Brown, Ted Ewen, H. David Blalock, Lacerant Plainer, Micha Fire, Michael David Matula, Rich La
felicia_cat
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by felicia_cat »

I did like her novels, but they seemed to become darker as time went on, and could not deal with the sordid details. She is a good writer, to my mind, though, and the historical portions take you back in time very clearly.
jgraney8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgraney8.html
Latest Review: Murder in Memory by Mike Thorne
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jgraney8 »

I am a big fan of Anne Perry's Victorian novels, the William Monk series and the Thomas and Charlotte Pitts series. The interplay of characters carefully calculating their moves in relation to the social strictures is fascinating. Her supporting characters have a vividness I seldom find. I read many mysteries that seem to fade from memory almost as soon as I put turn the last page, but Perry's characters and the social issues she deals with often echo in my mind for days.
“On the highest throne in the world, we still sit only on our own bottom.”
― Michel de Montaigne, The Complete Essays

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”