Castle Cay by Lee Hanson

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
sahmoun2778
Favorite Author: Dana Stabenow
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahmoun2778.html
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen
Reading Device: 1400698987
fav_author_id: 10781

Castle Cay by Lee Hanson

Post by sahmoun2778 »

I love finding a good story and this definitely is one.

The star of the show is Julie who is an expert in body language. This makes for some interesting interviews of people involved with the victim. The victim is Marc, Julie's best friend and it gradually becomes apparent that the motive centers around an island called Castle Cay which Marc inherited from his mother but which the family had not used for years. Top of the suspect list is Marc's brother, Avram. He's a nasty character who's pushing for the sale of Castle Cay, but he doesn't inherit the money from the sale, so why would he want Marc dead? Or was it Marc's lover David, a quarrel maybe? Or could it have been suicide? Marc did have AIDS. So many questions, so few answers. Helping Julie to answer the questions is Joe, a private detective that she rents office space from. But is this more than just professional? To find out you'll just have to read the book.

This story was obviously well thought out and for the most part well paced. I felt like the writing got better with each page and kept me intrigued and wanting to see how it would all turn out. After a slow start I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it for those who like mysteries. The body language analysis aspect adds a nice little twist. I look forward to reading the next one in this series.
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”