Official Review: Sid by Dean Pearl

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
tracy19
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tracy19.html
Latest Review: "The Secret Book of Designs" by Catamount Mayhugh

Official Review: Sid by Dean Pearl

Post by tracy19 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sid" by Dean Pearl.]
Book Cover for 2381
Share This Review

Sid Evenburg has moved back to his old home in Texas after the death of his grandparents who left their house and all their belongings to him. Sid has started to hear a voice in his head who he believes is God; before the voice talks to him he feels a splitting pain in his head and if he dares to talk back the pain gets worse. The voice tells Sid to commit terrible crimes by murdering two children, a women and a dog and he is too scared to go against the voices wishes. Sheriff Mills Ludlow, retired FBI agent Dave Johnson and Psychic Lexi Morrison are on the hunt for the serial killer who they have assumed has killed the victims as they have absolutely no clues in either of the cases. Barry Evenbury has been on the run for the last 30 years after he accidental murdered Sid’s parents and disappeared so he didn't have to go to prison for their deaths, once Barry hears about his parents death he decides to come home for awhile during which he tells Sid the true circumstances of Sid’s parents death, after Sid has believed for years that they died in a plane crash which is what his grandmother told him. The book has many twists and turns along the way.

This book falls in the mystery, murder and drama genres with some action thrown in.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and felt that it has an intriguing story line. The characters are perfect for their roles in the book and they bring all the necessary drama and emotion to make for an interesting read. The story line was fluid that flowed smoothly from one character to the next without leaving the reader confused of exactly what was happening in the story. The book has a strange ending which leaves you to wonder if there will be a sequel. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

I think the author has a great writing style and knows how to captive the readers with his thrilling story line. He manages to put quite a bit of detail in the book without it seeming overpowering and long drawn out. I will definitely be looking for his books in the future.

I would rate this book a 4 out of 4 and would recommend it to all those books looking for a dramatic and intriguing read.

Buy "Sid" on Amazon
Buy "Sid" on Barnes and Noble
Latest Review: "The Secret Book of Designs" by Catamount Mayhugh
Kappy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Isaac Asimov
Favorite Book: The Essene Gospel of Peace
Currently Reading: McGee & Stuckey's Bountiful Container
Bookshelf Size: 762
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kappy.html
Latest Review: "The Big Exoneration" by Dennis Sanchez
fav_author_id: 2547

Post by Kappy »

Good review. I'd put this book on my "going to read" shelf if it were available from my public library.
Good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deeds
Latest Review: "The Big Exoneration" by Dennis Sanchez

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”