Official Review: Blood Line by John J. Davis

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Official Review: Blood Line by John J. Davis

Post by gali »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Blood Line" by John J. Davis.]
Book Cover for 2285
Share This Review

"Blood Line" is a fast packed thriller penned in the first point of view and the first instalment of a series. The book is a mix of crime, suspense and espionage in just the right proportions. The book starts up with a bang (literally) and ends up with fireworks. With intriguing situations coming left and right, the reader is hooked and stays on his toes throughout the story.

A supposedly simple burglary to the Grangers' home that turns out bad, for the burglars that's it, is the start of this enthralling book. The burglars sure picked up the wrong family to mess up with, as they find out to their sorrow. There is more behind the home break than meet the eye and the Grangers have to figure it out fast, as time runs out for them.

Meet the Grangers: Ron Granger, of the Indian heritage and an ex CIA agent, Valerie his wife and sidekick, which is more than she seems to be, and their teen bright daughter, Leecy. Valary is heading the family company, Inesco, with the aid of her parents, brothers and Ron. Now a gang of crooks are after a technical product of the said company and they will stop at nothing, including the kidnapping of Leccy, to get it.

After the failed break in, the Grangers ditch their home and are on the run till they can figure out their next step. A gang of ruthless criminals is after them and the police are on their tail as well. Ron contacts his ex CIA handler for advice and help, but her help comes with a price tag. Moles and spies are everywhere, and not even the various agencies and the Inesco Co. itself are immune from them. The situation goes downhill fast when Leccy is kidnapped by the ruthless gang. Her parents will pull out all the stops to rescue her and catch the gang in the process. Roque agents, smoke screens, moles, surprising twists, intrigue, high speed car chases, and much more besides are some of the pieces in this fine confection.

Kudos to the author for a well written book! The book grabbed me right from the beginning and I couldn't wait to find out what happens next. Although I pieced together some parts of the story, the author managed to fool me in others. Every loose string was tied up nicely and the author left an intriguing opening for the next book in the series. The mystery was built in a natural way and I liked the way the author dished up information about the background of the main characters. The inserted anecdotes about past missions add spice to the story.

The author introduces a well-drawn cast of characters which is strong and appealing. I could connect to the Grangers and liked their loyalty and love to each other. They sure rang truth! I rooted for them, felt for them and wanted them as my friends and allies… Together they made a hell of a team! Every good book needs good blacken characters and we have them in abundance here. The bad guys were so well portrayed that they managed to irritate me!

Once this book gets started, it turns into a fast paced ride that you do not want to get off. The book maintains the suspense from the stormy beginning to the dazzling end and there isn't a dull moment. One could almost feel the bad guys breathing down his neck. I really enjoyed the book and found it a great read, so I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The author certainly knows how to captivate his audience and keep one interested right to the last page. I recommend this book to all lovers of the genre and would definitely read any further books in this series.

Buy "Blood Line" on Amazon
Buy "Blood Line" on Barnes and Noble
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
curlybookworm
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-curlybookworm.html
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by curlybookworm »

profound review! I'd love to read this book too! There are few gifted authors who have the spell, they can hook you til you flip the last page. :) Kudos! Congrats to John Davis!
"With freedom, BOOKS, flowers, and the moon, who could not be happy?" ~ Oscar Wilde
gali

Post by gali »

curlybookworm wrote:profound review! I'd love to read this book too! There are few gifted authors who have the spell, they can hook you til you flip the last page. :) Kudos! Congrats to John Davis!
Thank you. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
TrishaAnn92
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

Wow. Definitely sounds like a great read! I've been looking for the next book that I am unable to put down! :)
gali

Post by gali »

TrishaAnn92 wrote:Wow. Definitely sounds like a great read! I've been looking for the next book that I am unable to put down! :)
It is and I enjoyed it very much. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”