Of Sudden Origin-Omnibus by C. Chase Harwood

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Broleej87
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-broleej87.html

Of Sudden Origin-Omnibus by C. Chase Harwood

Post by Broleej87 »

I was given the novel " Of Sudden Origin - Omnibus " by C. Chase Harwood in exchange for an honest review.
Oh my god! This was one of the scariest zombie books I have ever read, it even gave me nightmares. Would hate to run into zombies like this.

Jon is a journalist, his sole purpose for living is to tell the story of Cain's disease so people can survive it. Being one of the last people to leave Florida the frontline of the infection, he has seen the devastation this disease does to the body first hand. It starts with an insatiable thirst, then comes the delirium caused by the fever and last the brain shuts down leaving only base survival skills intact eat, kill, breed and eat again. With PCP like affects, sufferers of Cain's disease feel no pain they only know to eat and an insatiable hunger turns them into cannibals. Jon is on a mission to get to Canada the only place as yet to be untouched by the disease. After nearly getting killed by the fiends Jon finds himself on an island as he watches a fortress with survivors he discovers them surrounded by fiends as the perimeter is breached a group of five escape. By boat the group makes it to the island. Among them is Nikki a former marine like her fellow survivors, together they decide to head to Canada. They head up stream in search of a vehicle that's where the lose most of their group Jon and Nikki being the only survivors. Eventually they find transport in the form of a cop car. Together they head north only to be stopped short of the border by a group of army deserters determined to take back America. Choosing to not fight Jon and Nikki are locked up with other like minded people. Too bad the town doesn't know about the massive herd headed their way. Will they survive and make it to Canada or perish in captivity?

I have never read a zombie book quite like this one. The zombies are terrifying with the ability to breed and their spawn capable of mind control it makes for one horrifying read. Unlike most zombies these are not the walking dead and being smarter than your average zombies they are capable of using tools and fast too. The survivors are great I fell in love with them and found myself praying they would make it. If you like zombies then you will love this series and the virus is more believable, I found myself believing this could actually happen. I give it 5 stars go on over to amazon and buy the first first book Omnibus for around $5.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”