Review Last Seen Wearing

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
UmaM
Favorite Author: Harlan Coben -Now
Favorite Book: Murder in Mespotomia
Currently Reading: The Gospel of Judas Iscariot
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-umam.html

Review Last Seen Wearing

Post by UmaM »

Last seen wearing is a book about a girl who vanishes off the face of the earth! Obviously the plot does not end there..Death brings the girl back into everybody's life but not in a way one could even predict and that is the singular charm of Colin Dexter.

The story is about a young girl Valerie Taylor who vanishes one fine day,subsequent digging brings forth her promiscuous lifestyle, involvement of her school and her teachers and few dark secrets that should have been buried. I started the book with enormous anticipation as Colin Dexter is one author who can catch you off guard with his unpredictable twists.Second I like the combination of Morse and Lewis who are cheek and chalk by nature.

It appears to be a simple tale of lust,promiscuity and and unfortunate ending but as the layers peel, we are confronted with the naked truth of humanity.. Marriage, How strong is the institution? Is marriage sacrosanct or is it a relationship of convenience? Do we remain in a marriage as we have become habituated to it or do we really stay together because we love the person we married.Colin throws up many pertinent question.A persons natural hunger for power, Not the authority that is sanctioned by the government or legally but the power that comes about due to fear. The climax is powerful and the bluff is employed beautifully. The suspense lovers will not be disappointed with twists and turns.There are many predictable turns which will make you feel that it is cliched but at the same time there are several twists that punches you squarely between the eyes. People who love murder mystery will probably identify a plot construct that will remind one of Agatha Christies 'Murder on the Links'..If it was a homage to Chrisitie, it was a lovely way to go about it.
sahmoun2778
Favorite Author: Dana Stabenow
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahmoun2778.html
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen
Reading Device: 1400698987
fav_author_id: 10781

Post by sahmoun2778 »

Thanks for posting about this book. I have always enjoyed Morse and Lewis. Lots of twists and turns in the story keep you guessing till the end.
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen
UmaM
Favorite Author: Harlan Coben -Now
Favorite Book: Murder in Mespotomia
Currently Reading: The Gospel of Judas Iscariot
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-umam.html

Post by UmaM »

sahmoun2778 wrote:Thanks for posting about this book. I have always enjoyed Morse and Lewis. Lots of twists and turns in the story keep you guessing till the end.
You are welcome. Same here, I likes the irascibility of Morse coupled with the stolidity of Lewis. Dexter's books are full of this twists and turns, aren't they?
Nicki18229
Currently Reading: The Pilot's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicki18229.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon
Reading Device: 1400699169

Post by Nicki18229 »

I love reading these book! I like how he coupled Morse with Lewis, I'm trying to read the books in order. Soon as you think you know what happened your wrong that is not what happened he puts good twists and turns in his book

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”