Dext of the Dead by Steve Kuhn

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Broleej87
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-broleej87.html

Dext of the Dead by Steve Kuhn

Post by Broleej87 »

I was given the book Dext of the Dead by Steve Kuhn in exchange for an honest review.
I must admit I was a little bit sceptical when I found out this book was based on a journal. I don't normally read journals but decided to read it anyway as the author was kind enough to give me a free copy. I was quite surprised to find I really enjoyed it I couldn't put it down. Even though it's based on a journal it reads like a book.

Soldier, SSG Chalmers finds a journal written by a guy called Dexter clutched in the hands of a dead body. In the journal he reads ily entries about Dext and the people he meets along the way, not all good. The journal holds valuable information about the plague and how this group survives. It also shows how survival affects human nature and the things people do just to live another day. Does the journal also hold the cure to this terrible plague amongst its pages?

Steve Kuhn has done a wonderful job on this story, I would not change a thing. The characters are well thought out and the fight scenes very graphical. I would say this is a really unique and well written book, Steve is a very talented writer. Looking forward to reading more of this series. I give it 5 stars, the first book can be found at amazon for under $2.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”