Burn the Dead by Steven Jenkins

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Broleej87
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-broleej87.html

Burn the Dead by Steven Jenkins

Post by Broleej87 »

I was given the novel Burn the Dead by Steven Jenkins in exchange for an honest review.
Steven has a real knack for writing horror. While I love zombie books it troubles me that they are all alike in one way or another. Steven has done a wonderful job writing a truly unique zombie novel.

Rob is your everyday hard working man, struggling to put food on the table for his wife Anna and four year old son Sammy. While at work he unzips the body-bag of one of the nec's he is supposed to burn, only to find it's Anna and she is no longer the woman he loves she's a flesh eating monster. After burning her in the furnace he rushes home to find Sammy but can't make it through the barricade as his whole neighbourhood is quarantined. Rob will stop at nothing to find Sammy dead or alive, so he finds a way into the quarantine zone. Will he like what he finds? Are the dead the only thing he should be afraid of?

Steven has done a brilliant ob on this novel it is original in every way. I love Rob and his Determination to find Sammy. I also love the way every detail could be a clue, it is a well thought out novel and joins together perfectly. I give it 5 stars, you can find it at amazon for under $5.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”