Review: The Lyme Conspiracy

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bookworm_Letty
Bookshelf Size: 0

Review: The Lyme Conspiracy

Post by Bookworm_Letty »

It combines education, military and suspense with passion and danger rolled into one. A great read!

As I sat down and read The Lyme Conspiracy by Joseph J. Bradley, I looked back at what I had been through personally. My first thought: How in the world is he going to make it interesting for the average reader? As the title implies it is a fictional murder mystery thriller about Lyme disease and the conspiracy theories that surround it as well as the controversial medical aspects of the disease.

Bradley uses his experience as a former police officer and military experience to lure you into this page-turning book. It is a nice combination of intrigue, facts, mystery, romance, captivating emotions and opinions.

I was drawn into the book immediately as I had been reminiscing lately of my lost loved ones. I related to the mindset and the retrospect of the character. I knew then I was going to find it difficult to put the book down.

There were three main characters throughout the book which I found myself connecting with in some respects to their thought processes. Detective Taylor Marshall, a state police detective, who is trying her best to compete in a male-dominated field and doing what is necessary to seek justice; Ben, a former Navy Seal and assassin, who begins to struggle within himself; and Gary Marshall, an investigative reporter, who will do everything to find the truth without involving the politics to get the real story.

It was an exciting read! At the same time, it educated the reader on how Lyme Disease affects those that are still battling the disease: “the battle to get a diagnosis … to fight the disease … to get the insurance” company to pay for “treatment … to get the medical establishment to recognize” it … and to “treat the disease.”

I would definitely recommend it to anyone. It combines education, military and suspense with passion and danger rolled into one.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”