Joanne Fluke's mysteries

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
tracy1
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tracy1.html

Joanne Fluke's mysteries

Post by tracy1 »

For those Joanne Fluke mystery lovers out there. I was just curious what is your favorite book by her? And have you read Dead Giveaway and if so what did you think about it?
nana4jordan
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
Currently Reading: Kaleidoscope by Gail Bowen
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by nana4jordan »

Good morning Tracy1. I have read two of Joanne Fluke's mystery from the Hannah Swenson series. The Key Lime Pie Murder and the Cream Puff Murder. She has 18 books in this series, and so far, I found both books very enjoyable.... Sorry, I haven't read Dead Giveaway.
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

Well tracy1, I have just started my first Joanne Fluke novel. I am still in the first chapter, so I can't really say if I like it or not yet. From the description, it sounds like my type of series, but I guess we will see. I love mystery novels though. So I hope this turns out to be good because I would really love to have a new mystery novelist to read. The book I am reading is called Cherry Cheesecake Murder. Have you ever read that one?
nana4jordan
Favorite Book: The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
Currently Reading: Kaleidoscope by Gail Bowen

Post by nana4jordan »

I have Joanna Fluke on my list of mystery authors. I discovered her books one day in the library and I was intrigued to want to read more. Yes, the first couple of chapters are just as tad to get into, but as you go along, I end up enjoying them thoroughly, especially the "triangle between Hannah, Mike and Norm". Enjoy!
Thimble
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 6338">Iron Kissed</a>
Currently Reading: A Wise Man's Fear
Bookshelf Size: 270
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thimble.html
Latest Review: The Captain's Collie by Ace Mask
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Thimble »

Hello! I have read all of the Hannah Swenson books so far. I don't have a favorite of her series, but Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder is definitely a good introduction to all of the main characters. I have thoroughly enjoyed all of them except Blackberry Pie Murder. I thought it was okay, but not as good as the others. I find I have to give myself a couple years before I can reread the books since the plot is usually simple enough to remember who-done-it on a second read. I file the series under my "librarian/cat" mystery genre, but it's definitely one of the best in this genre. My one pet peeve with the series is the ongoing character of Hannah's curly hair. Having curly hair myself, whenever Hannah brushes her hair while it's dry I outwardly wince.

If you like any of her books, I would also suggest books by Rita Mae Brown.

-- 01 Apr 2015, 11:44 --

Csimmons032, Cherry Cheesecake Murder is definitely a fun one, in my opinion. I found the mystery part to be really interesting and better written in that book.
csimmons032

Post by csimmons032 »

I finished Cherry Cheesecake Murder and I really enjoyed it. I am starting Strawberry Shortcake Murder. I am looking forward to reading another one of her novels. She seems to be a very talented writer :)
Thimble
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 6338">Iron Kissed</a>

Post by Thimble »

csimmons032 wrote:I finished Cherry Cheesecake Murder and I really enjoyed it. I am starting Strawberry Shortcake Murder. I am looking forward to reading another one of her novels. She seems to be a very talented writer :)
I'm glad you really liked it :).
"You can never leave footprints that last if you are always walking on tiptoe." - Leymah Gbowee
Rachaelamb1
Favorite Author: CS Lewis
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... onwitch</a>
Currently Reading: Falling Star
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachaelamb1.html
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco

Post by Rachaelamb1 »

I keep hearing about Joanne Fluke. I need to check out her books. I'm loving the book titles! Is it bad that I want to pick the book that has my favorite dessert? :)
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco
Thimble

Post by Thimble »

Rachaelamb1 wrote:I keep hearing about Joanne Fluke. I need to check out her books. I'm loving the book titles! Is it bad that I want to pick the book that has my favorite dessert? :)
That's not bad at all! The books also come with the recipes so you can try them out. I made the blueberry muffins and they're really good.

Thimble
"You can never leave footprints that last if you are always walking on tiptoe." - Leymah Gbowee
cndreli35

Post by cndreli35 »

Hello! I very much enjoy her books! Key Lime Murder was a really one, but I think all of them are! I really enjoy how the character Hannah deals with her mother and both boyfriends! Great books!
csimmons032

Post by csimmons032 »

I finished Strawberry Shortcake Murder and I thought it was so much fun to read. I haven't decided which book I am going to read next.
dpuckridge
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by dpuckridge »

Thank you to the people who have made comments about "Joanne Fluke's" novels; because currently I am into reading themed title mysteries, like the "Tea Shop Mysteries".
After reading all the above comments.
I feel I will now endeavour to locate her books in my local library to read.
Thimble

Post by Thimble »

dpuckridge wrote:Thank you to the people who have made comments about "Joanne Fluke's" novels; because currently I am into reading themed title mysteries, like the "Tea Shop Mysteries".
After reading all the above comments.
I feel I will now endeavour to locate her books in my local library to read.

Awesome. I hope you like them. I've read all of them so far and I've yet to be disappointed.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”