Reading the Dead(The Sarah Milton Chronicles#1)

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Broleej87
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-broleej87.html

Reading the Dead(The Sarah Milton Chronicles#1)

Post by Broleej87 »

I was given the book Reading the Dead (The Sarah Milton Chronicles,#1) written by J.B. Cameron in exchange for an honest review.
J.B. Cameron started writing this book as a screenplay, After many revisions and a lot of editing it turned into the series we see today.

Sarah Milton grew up known as "schizo" Sarah, because of her snarky imaginary friend Anna Nigma. In her world Anna was the only real companion she had apart from her books. Kids at school found her unusual so they steered clear of her.
At fifteen her mother is murdered and the day of the funeral she wakes up and cant find Anna.with Anna gone Sarah can function normally, no more conversations with thin air.
As her mothers killer is still at large Sarah throws herself into the police academy much to her fathers dismay. Eventually she finds herself working for the LAPD Violent Crimes Unit on the hunt for the serial killer known as Raithe. After a close brush with death Sarah wakes up in hospital to find Anna sitting beside her. She soon comes to realise Anna isn't her imaginary friend but a ghost a very powerful one.
On a quest to find Raithe before he strikes again they uncover mysteries hey never thought possible.

Reading the Dead is a wonderful mix of crime thriller and paranormal fantasy. I found myself drawn to the characters of this book especially Anna a snarky thirteenear old with a mischievous side. I could also relate to Sarah who uses books as a way to escape reality.
I really enjoyed reading this book and i am looking forward to reading more of this series. I give it 5 stars as it is very professionally written, you can find it at Itunes and Amazon for under $4.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”