Art/jewelry heist or "international chase" thriller books?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
gayaniw2
Bookshelf Size: 0

Art/jewelry heist or "international chase" thriller books?

Post by gayaniw2 »

hello :) i am new here.

I have read the book false impression by Jeffrey archer and i am looking for similar books.
please recommend me thriller books about

1)Art/jewelry heists
2)involving international chases (the bad guy or sometimes the good guy is running away and the detective/bad guy is chasing them across the globe)
3)Race against time thrillers

what i loved about false impression is that it was not a typical thriller book about a murder. It has many more suspenseful things.like why the woman stole the painting etc.Sidney Sheldon's books have good suspenseful points other than "who is the murderer?" too.

please recommend me good page turners :)
thank you

-- 12 Jul 2014, 11:04 --

anyone ? :)
KLyons1
Favorite Author: Many
Favorite Book: See Favorite Author
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klyons1.html
Latest Review: "A Vision of Angels" by Timothy Jay Smith

Post by KLyons1 »

Look for the Vicky Bliss series written by the late (sigh!) Elizabeth Peters. Vicky is an art historian who keeps finding herself in international intrigue involving art in some way, though there's usually murder or some sort of violence as well. In the 2nd book in the series, Street of the Five Moons, she encounters 'John Smythe,' a charming art thief who either makes an appearance or makes his presence felt in each of the remaining books in the series (there are 6 total; the first is Borrower of the Night). Elizabeth Peters had more success with her Amelia Peabody archaeological mysteries set in Egypt (also well worth looking into), so the Vicky Bliss books were published very infrequently, starting in the '70's, but they're still listed on Amazon and found in many libraries.
Latest Review: "A Vision of Angels" by Timothy Jay Smith

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”