Review: I've Got You Under My Skin

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
khamneithang
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khamneithang.html
Latest Review: "The Unraveling of Abby Settel" by Sylvia May

Review: I've Got You Under My Skin

Post by khamneithang »

I've Got You Under My Skin by Mary Higgins Clark is a thrilling and beautifully written crime mystery about a widowed mother and her son haunted by a nightmare. Five years after the death of her husband, Laurie Moran and her young son Timmy are still living in the shadows of that fateful day, always fearful of her husband's killer, who threatened to come back for them.

When her professional work demanded something creative, Laurie settled for unsolved crime cases for her television show, hoping to strike gold. She got more than she bargained for. She and Timmy are perilously perched as the killer strikes again, in the process, giving the cold case a chance to be solved or the killer making good on his threat to Timmy, "Tell your mother she's next, then it's your turn..."

While Mary Higgins Clark is a good story-teller, some of her recent books have not been really that appealing. I've Got You Under My Skin is one of her finer books and offers a chance to redeem herself. The mystery is wrapped beautifully while there is some depth to the story. The characters are both fascinating and likeable. I'm sure many readers will really enjoy this latest mystery from the #1 international and New York Times bestselling author.
Latest Review: "The Unraveling of Abby Settel" by Sylvia May
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I have read and loved some of her books. Thank you for the review. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”