Official Review: Footsteps of the Undead by Jamie Horwath

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
britt1125
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britt1125.html
Latest Review: "I am Ella. Buy me." by Joan Ellis

Official Review: Footsteps of the Undead by Jamie Horwath

Post by britt1125 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Footsteps of the Undead" by Jamie Horwath.]
Book Cover for 1556
Share This Review

Footsteps of the Undead is a good book. Jamie Horwath really knows how to make a zombie come to life. Horwath did a great job making a zombie book that wasn’t like all the other zombie books I have read. There is an arrangement of extremely interesting characters that keep the story most interesting.

It starts out with an ex hooker named Candice who making a video diary on when the zombies came, two weeks before the book began. The military was supposed to send in reinforcements but has decided to air strike in three days to take out the infected cities. So she sets out to try to get out of the city before the bombs fall.

The first zombie that Candice comes face to face with, before she is out of the hotel, is a boy that was eating the body of his mother. When the child come at her she was forced to remove his head with a sward she had found. The though of killing the child made her sick; but she had no other choice. Soon she is joined by Max, Joe, and Ralph. They set out together to see if they can make it out of the city alive. Not long after leaving the hotel Joe was dead and they had Donovan.

While they waited for sunrise to make there move, Donovan found a Youtube video made in front of the hotel they where at that looked like some kind of ritual someone preformed just after they left. They killed a woman to get a message from God than took a baby from another woman to receive their message. The next day after the ritual an “angel” came. Later Candice started to have dreams where she was sent after “her” and she felt that she needed to find “her”, whoever that maybe be, for some reason. I would love to tell you about the rest of the book but you have to read it yourself to get the full experience.

All in all Footsteps of the Undead was a great novel. I give it 4 out of 4 stars because it was well written. The book showed how people pull together in times of need and the twist at the end was great and unexpected. Horwath is a great writer and I would love to read more books by him. With his great imagination, he created a world that I enjoyed reading about. It was a quick but exciting read.

Buy "Footsteps of the Undead" on Amazon
Buy "Footsteps of the Undead" on Barnes and Noble
Latest Review: "I am Ella. Buy me." by Joan Ellis
joshuabemartin
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshuabemartin.html

Post by joshuabemartin »

You summarized this book very well, maybe i will give this book a read.
JenniferBoyce
Favorite Author: Jared Diamond
Favorite Book: The Name of the Wind
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenniferboyce.html
fav_author_id: 3301

Post by JenniferBoyce »

Your summary is incredibly informative. I will definitely have to check this book out as it sounds really interesting. :)

-- 10 Mar 2014, 09:18 --

Your summary of this book is very pleasant to read and informative! I might have to check this book out
ALRyder
Currently Reading: The Last Stormlord by Glenda Larke
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alryder.html
Latest Review: "Diet Enlightenment" by Rachel L. Pires

Post by ALRyder »

I recently reviewed a short story by this author that had a really good plot, but I wasn't the biggest fan of his style of writing. You said this was written really well, but we may just like difference styles so I figured I'd ask; when reading this book did you notice most of the sentences starting with names or words like "the", "he", "him", or "a"? I was okay with this style of writing for a short story, but I don't know that I could finish a whole book written this way. That's why I ask.
Latest Review: "Diet Enlightenment" by Rachel L. Pires
bacombs

Post by bacombs »

The review is very helpful. I have never heard of the book but after reading this review I will give it a try. Thanks :D

-- 05 Sep 2014, 08:46 --

The review by britt1125 of this book was very helpful. The book itself seems like it is going for a series, so it can be made into a tv show.
Bear

Post by Bear »

Well, there are no plans to turn Footsteps of the Undead into a TV show. The novelette is very graphic in nature with the gore so it wouldn't translate well to TV. The work is kind of an origin story for Candice and I haven't ruled out continuing the story. The ending is left very open ended on purpose. There is some other stuff I want to work on before I continue Footsteps of the Undead. Thanks for the review though. Glad you liked it.
kamikazie78

Post by kamikazie78 »

I'm a lover of zombie books lol so I'm definitely going to check this book out. Thanks for the awesome summary
Femmeforce

Post by Femmeforce »

Love the summary. I think I will read this one next.
Bear

Post by Bear »

Love the support. It means a ton for an independent author:)
akm10c
Currently Reading: Everything Burns
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akm10c.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by akm10c »

Nice! I've been looking for a good zombie read, and this review gave me a clear idea of what to expect from Footsteps.
bacombs

Post by bacombs »

Sounds interesting. :animals-chickencatch:
ginginlynn18
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ginginlynn18.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by ginginlynn18 »

Such a great review. I must read this book!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”