Official Review: Brainstorm by Margaret Belle

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Official Review: Brainstorm by Margaret Belle

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Brainstorm" by Margaret Belle.]
Book Cover for 1557
Share This Review

Brainstorm written by Margaret Belle is a fictional, mystery thriller. The story is fairly well written and it is slow starting out but quickly becomes a page turner.

Brainstorm is a novel about a woman named Audrey Dory who runs her own advertising agency. She suffers from an anxiety disorder and lives her life on her own because she doesn't want to subject any significant other to her life and exaggerated fears. Her heart is on her sleeve and she is always there for her clients and friends.

One morning, Audrey Dory's life changes forever. It all starts when one of her clients has an accident that almost kills him and another client goes missing in that same morning. The situation quickly escalates when she discovers a case for a bank robbery had been reopened and she dreaded hearing about it and more of her clients begin to have problems. Audrey gets involved in a relationship with one of the police officers and feels as if she isn't suffering so bad from her disorder. Only when an old employee steps back into her life, pieces of the puzzle begin to click. In the end, the story does not end with the girl gets the guy and it was very refreshing to see a different end that what it normally is; 'guy gets the girl everybody lives happily ever after'.

I liked the story, in the beginning, it was slow starting out and I was having a very hard time connecting with what the author was saying. As a crime/thriller it was OK, however, I was more interested and excited about the love that Audrey Dory had found in this big mess she had found herself in. In the middle of the book, I began to become excited about the crime and mystery as the action had picked up pace. Although, I didn't like the way the end had happened, I did like it because it is different from other novels in the crime/thriller and even the romance novels. I found it to be refreshing and it kept me wanting to know what was going to happen next.

I didn't care for the beginning of the book, as I had a hard time relating to the characters and it felt like I was just reading words on a page, I just couldn't connect with what the author was giving the me as a reader. The writing was better than most eBooks I have read as there was very little grammatical error in the book, and what grammatical error there was seemed to be more towards the end of the book.

I rate this novel 3 stars out of 4 because I did like the book and I think others will too as long as they don't mind a slow start up to the middle of the book. I would recommend this book to fellow book loving friends.

Buy "Brainstorm" on Amazon

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”