Vampire Academy

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
DlVERGENT
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dlvergent.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Re: Vampire Academy

Post by DlVERGENT »

littlebook wrote:
DlVERGENT wrote:

I don't know if you've heard but they are planning on making a Frostbite movie but only if they can raise $1.5M by September 5. I would post the link but apparently I can't because I haven't been registered for a week yet. And Adrian is one of my favorite characters ever so I'm really anxious to know who's going to be playing him. Honestly, I hope it's a total nobody, a new actor, because if it's someone I know, the image I have of Adrian might change and I really don't want that.

Oh and: is it just me or does Richelle Mead create THE most perfect characters ever?
Wow I had no clue. I really hope they can raise enough. Richelle Mead is such a great author, she does make THE best characters. :) Have you read any of her other series and/or books?
Nope, just VA and Bloodlines. What about you?
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
littlebook
Favorite Author: J.K Rowling
Favorite Book: Will Grayson Will Grayson
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-littlebook.html
Latest Review: "River of Fire" by Darrell Case

Post by littlebook »

DlVERGENT wrote:
littlebook wrote:
DlVERGENT wrote:

I don't know if you've heard but they are planning on making a Frostbite movie but only if they can raise $1.5M by September 5. I would post the link but apparently I can't because I haven't been registered for a week yet. And Adrian is one of my favorite characters ever so I'm really anxious to know who's going to be playing him. Honestly, I hope it's a total nobody, a new actor, because if it's someone I know, the image I have of Adrian might change and I really don't want that.

Oh and: is it just me or does Richelle Mead create THE most perfect characters ever?
Wow I had no clue. I really hope they can raise enough. Richelle Mead is such a great author, she does make THE best characters. :) Have you read any of her other series and/or books?
Nope, just VA and Bloodlines. What about you?
No. However, for my birthday I think I might purchase the first in the Age of X series by Richelle Mead.
Rere2684
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rere2684.html

Post by Rere2684 »

I liked this series but I was not a huge fan of the movie. I thought they chose the wrong series to make a movie, I was thinking they should have made the Bloodlines series the movie instead. I don't think they ever really get the movie right but I have been surprised in the past.
littlebook
Favorite Author: J.K Rowling
Favorite Book: Will Grayson Will Grayson
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-littlebook.html

Post by littlebook »

I agree. They should definitely make bloodlines a movie. :)
RussetDivinity
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-russetdivinity.html
Latest Review: "Heart of Flint" by Scott Stricklen

Post by RussetDivinity »

Based on what I've read, I really ought to go back and finish this series. I read three of the books while in high school, but then college applications got in the way, and I never ended up finishing them. I really liked them, though, especially for the utterly badass female protagonist and the fact that it managed to balance action, friendship, and romance without being too heavy on any one.
Latest Review: "Heart of Flint" by Scott Stricklen
amybo82
Favorite Author: David Sedaris
Favorite Book: cannot pick just one
Currently Reading: Calypso
Bookshelf Size: 1517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amybo82.html
Latest Review: The Adventures of The Gorilla Billies by Mark J Stopford
Reading Device: B00TA9FD2M
Publishing Contest Votes: 17
fav_author_id: 2790

Post by amybo82 »

I haven't read the VA books, but I did watch the movie. I thought it was pretty funny and it was a nice escape from everyday life. The discussion here, especially regarding the characters, makes me think I'd like the books a lot!
A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. –Neil Gaiman
reginabally
Currently Reading: A Discovery of Witches
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reginabally.html
Latest Review: "Death Takes A Lover" by Olivier Bosman

Post by reginabally »

Frostbite (Vampire Academy #2) - 5/5 stars.

Absolutely fascinating! I nearly cried when reading the last 2 chapters.

Frostbite is the second installment in Vampire Academy series written by Richelle Mead. Like the first book, Frostbite is really a page-turner and it'll keep you up all night just to finish a few more chapters.

I personally love the character growth in Rose. Even though she showed her vulnerable part a lot in the book, but eventually she became more matured after all that has been happened to her.

Her vague relationships with Dimitri and Mason brought up a lot of conflicts in the book. What I didn't expect is Rose's mother (which never mentioned in the first book, if I remember well), showed up in this book and "taught" Rose a few lessons direct and indirectly as a guardian.

Richelle Mead did a great job in ending the story to make us feel proud of Rose because she has become stronger.

Highly recommended to vampire lovers and YA fans!

Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy #5) - 4/5 stars.

Although it might be a good point to make the story richer, but I didn't like the fact that she was juggling between Adrian and Dimitri. But still, very engaging.

I would rate a 4/5 stars to the whole series as it is really one of the best Young Adult series I've read.
A SAHM who reads and shares reviews on her blog.
Latest Review: "Death Takes A Lover" by Olivier Bosman
Varel Silvita

Post by Varel Silvita »

I absolutely loooooooooooooooooooove vampire academy.the characters are awesome, the heroine isn't some typical damsel in distress and the person that has the Russian accent isn't the villain but the hot boyfriend of Rose. I find it so damn annoying that people assume whoever has russian accent will be the baddy. It's so stereotypical. Like just assuming that all blondes are dumb.
ananya92
Favorite Author: Jeffrey Archer
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ananya92.html
Latest Review: A Passover in Peshawar by AM Sardar
fav_author_id: 4949

Post by ananya92 »

Much as the books were likeable I felt that the books were a bit immaturish and naive. I think post-Twilight there has just been a resurgence of vampire based novels, and the fascination with vampires seems a bit overrated to me. Anyways, these books are good enough to pass one's time. The movie though, which I saw recently, was quite silly.
HMJones
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hmjones.html

Post by HMJones »

Controversial, but I actually only read the books because I enjoyed the movie so much. The scripting was great, I thought, and I pretty much fell in love with Rose.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”