Official Review: Deadly Truth by Tim Falk

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
srkilgour
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srkilgour.html
Latest Review: Blue Collar Cash by Ken Rusk

Official Review: Deadly Truth by Tim Falk

Post by srkilgour »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Deadly Truth" by Tim Falk.]
Book Cover for 9781301580897
Share This Review

Wow! Tim Falk’s debut novel, Deadly Truth, was a great read. This might have been his first novel, but hopefully he continues to write more, because he got a fan in me. The way that he writes, like a practiced pro, draws the reader in from the moment they pick up the book until after the last page and beyond.

When Cameron Lynch’s father passes away at the age of 51 from a brain aneurysm, Cameron’s life drastically changes. At his Dad’s wake, he meets Ewan who claims he knows Cameron is the one that sent the threatening email and if Cameron doesn’t turn over what he has Cameron’s daughter, Claire, would suffer. Cameron is completely unnerved by this, because he doesn’t know what this maniac is talking about and he has threatened his daughter’s life, all during his father’s wake. It seems his father was not the man Cameron thought he was and he definitely had some skeletons in his closet that unfortunately were about to come out.

After this development at his father’s wake, Cameron is scared and must find out what is going on to save his daughter’s life. During this time, he discovers his dad knew Sean Harris, who is a huge rock star who is trying to turn his singing career into a run in the political arena. Cameron discovers his dad was involved in a robbery twenty years ago with Harris and apparently had proof of it. This leads Cameron on a wild ride from Australia to London. What does Sean Harris want with Cameron? Who was his dad that he thought he knew? How is he going to get out of this mess and save his daughter?

I loved the way that Falk takes you inside the mind of Cameron throughout the novel. He interjects little snippets that give you a hint of what Cameron was thinking at the time but after the fact, kind of like reality shows when they play little interviews with the characters during the show. This made me really like Cameron and feel for him. I was rooting for him the whole time and would love to know what he is doing now after the whole adventure is over.

I would definitely rate Deadly Truth a 4 out of 4. This novel had everything a suspense reader could want. The ride that Falk takes the reader is a wild one that you don’t want to get off until the end and you find yourself thinking about it for days and wanting to constantly talk about it. I would highly recommend this book to everyone.

Buy "Deadly Truth" on Amazon
Buy "Deadly Truth" on Barnes and Noble
K08nr01
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k08nr01.html
Latest Review: "Percarus" by Lexmilian de Mello

Post by K08nr01 »

It sounds like you really enjoyed it! Great review!
Latest Review: "Percarus" by Lexmilian de Mello

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”