Official Review: Caught in a Web by Jason Carter

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
joreasonable
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joreasonable.html
Latest Review: "Caught In A Web" by Jason Carter

Official Review: Caught in a Web by Jason Carter

Post by joreasonable »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Caught In A Web" by Jason Carter.]
Book Cover for 2940044507982
Share This Review

Published in May 2013, this is the author´s second novel.

The beginning of the book should get you interested enough as it did me and it kept me interested enough to read in all in one go. It starts off slow but as you read on it gets faster. I enjoyed this easy to read missing persons mystery, kept my attention all the way through.

Don´t expect violence, (well there is a scene but nothing really to write home about) there is just a little bad language, but nothing over the top, there is also a great love story going on also with the right amount of sex, its just a cozy mystery with plenty of humour, that lighten up the darker parts, well written in the first person, being Steven the main character, his life could be just about anyone’s except that his wife had gone missing a few years back, he is finally getting his own life back on track when.... bang..... you will want to read this book to see what happens.

I enjoyed the bits with the flashes his wife, Victoria, although not many of them, a little freaky at times, but really cool. There are some youngish, cool grandparents, who have the best relationship with the coolest four year old out there, grandkid , Kim and Lilah who is the best of the lot with her motorcycle and a little wild attitude

There is a twist every so often adding to the mystery and the questions the readers might have. The characters are very real, with great character development.

Around the halfway mark, Clair Reynolds is introduced adding to the mystery., why? You wonder, well, you will just have to read on to find out. This part of the book was probably my least favourite as it didn´t seem to fit in until later on. But that is the only part I was slightly unhappy about the rest of the book is a really good read, recommended to anyone who want a to read missing persons mystery.

And regarding the ending, boy I had not seen that coming but who to believe??? I guess we will never find out. But I do love a happy ending.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

Buy "Caught In A Web" on Barnes and Noble
Latest Review: "Caught In A Web" by Jason Carter
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Post by Acwoolet »

Thanks for the review! I think I'm going to have to add this one to my reading list. It sounds like the perfect mystery!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”