Odd Thomas by dean koontz

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Valiegur
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valiegur.html

Odd Thomas by dean koontz

Post by Valiegur »

I grew up reading dean koontz, started reading his books when I was 13. I feel like as I grew, so did dean. (Yes we are on a first name basis) his books have always intrigued me, with story lines so exciting and endings always happy and humor abound. I know not everyone likes happy endings because its not "real life" but I do, I want the good guys to win, always, it gives me hope i guess. Anyway, I digress. The odd Thomas is by far his best work, dean has had a couple other series but this one is just amazing.
Odd Thomas is a 20 year old that can see ghosts, not in the sixth sense way exactly. Odd is not afraid of these spirits and only wishes to help them. Every book has one big event that odd must prevent. He always has a "spirit guide" to help him, it starts with Elvis then changes to a couple others as odd helps them move on. Each book shows odd grow as he travels where he is needed and new friends join him on the quest to save us all from certain doom. The love he has for his girlfriend stormy feels so real, I ache for them in their times of sadness and smile in their times of joy.
I recently finished the 6th book of the series and am chomping at the bit for next may when all my questions will be answered and odds travels will be finished and he can finally just live.
Enigma
Favorite Author: S.E.Hinton
Favorite Book: The Outsiders
Currently Reading: Breathless by Scott Prussing
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enigma.html
Latest Review: "Broken, 180 Days in the Wilderness of an Urban Middle School" by Ann C. Averill

Post by Enigma »

I think I must have read most of his books apart from Odd Thomas. My favourite is his short story collection Strange Highways.
If I didn't write, I'd never sleep.

Up the Irons!!!
Latest Review: "Broken, 180 Days in the Wilderness of an Urban Middle School" by Ann C. Averill
Clsilv
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clsilv.html

Post by Clsilv »

I completely agree with you. I do enjoy most anything I read by Dean Koontz but I LOVE the Odd Thomas books. I have read everyone of them up until now and I have just gotten my hands on the newest one ( Deeply Odd) I can't wait to start that one and once again immerse myself in the world of Odd Thomas once again.
feyindie60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-feyindie60.html

Post by feyindie60 »

Odd Thomas is a lovely, refreshing book from Dean Koontz. Odd, as a character,makes you want to take him into your home and protect him from all the bad things in life. The problem is, those bad things seem to find him all the time. Odd thinks differently from a lot of people, but it's a good thing. Dean Koontz has created a memorable character for us to remember.
Dani226
Favorite Author: Dean Koontz
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani226.html
fav_author_id: 2595

Post by Dani226 »

I didn't realize the next Odd Thomas book would be the last :( . I am a longtime fan of Dean Koontz as well, and particularly love Odd.
sugarbearmama
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: the regulators
Currently Reading: the mists of avalon
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sugarbearmama.html
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by sugarbearmama »

I know I just got odd interlude but there is only 2 more :( im sooooo sad :(:(:( I absolutely love the odd Thomas books. Odd is a character I can relate to, his love for other people, his curiosity, and his over all one thing he has to do no matter what attribute about him.
shortyblue
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shortyblue.html

Post by shortyblue »

I absolutely love the Odd Thomas series. He is such a heartwarming character! I will be so sad to see him go when the series ends.
claire mckay
Favorite Author: JRR Tolkien
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claire-mckay.html
Latest Review: "The M-Word" by Josephine Stine

Post by claire mckay »

As a Dean Koontz fan I've read a few of these books but unfortunately I just can't get into this series at all. There is too much theorising and talk of good vs evil and philosophy of life and that makes me just skim read and get bored.
Latest Review: "The M-Word" by Josephine Stine
TheBookMaven
Favorite Author: Jean M. Auel
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thebookmaven.html
Latest Review: "The Colors of Friendship" by K. R. Raye
fav_author_id: 3709

Post by TheBookMaven »

I really like the Odd Thomas series, although Odd Apocalypse was my least favorite. I didn't know Deeply Odd had been released. Time to go get me a copy to read!
Latest Review: "The Colors of Friendship" by K. R. Raye
ALRyder
Currently Reading: The Last Stormlord by Glenda Larke
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alryder.html
Latest Review: "Diet Enlightenment" by Rachel L. Pires

Post by ALRyder »

Odd Thomas was the first book I had ever read by Dean Koontz, and i didn't like it. Years later I picked up another book by him and loved it. Since then, I have read numerous books by him and at the very least liked them all. This gives me the feeling that I may need to go back to Odd Thomas and try again. Perhaps I had just not been in the right state of mind while reading it?
Latest Review: "Diet Enlightenment" by Rachel L. Pires
CMcGee
Favorite Author: Dean Koontz
Favorite Book: Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cmcgee.html
fav_author_id: 2595

Post by CMcGee »

I am a devoted fan of Dean Koontz and have read everything that he has written to my knowledge. I particularly liked the Odd Thomas series and am sorry to see that it is discontinued. The only book that I was not very fond of was 77 Shadow Street. It had a good plot line, but it was a bit dry for Koontz and was the one book that I realized he did not have his beloved Golden Retrievers in. Perhaps that was the oddity of it. lol
MrsAmyM
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrsamym.html

Post by MrsAmyM »

I really enjoyed Odd Thomas. My favorite part was all the people of Pico Mundo. They were adorable charactors that I became really invested in. Dean has a way of making his charactors seem like old friends.
rnt19783
Currently Reading: the burial hour
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rnt19783.html

Post by rnt19783 »

My favorite thriller and suspense series is the Odd Thomas series written by Dean Koontz. The character of Odd Thomas sees ghosts. Even though the ghosts can not speak to him he must interpret what they want and use this information to save lives. The plots are mind-bendingly complex and keep you on the edge of your seat.
ahcrosw10

Post by ahcrosw10 »

I have read several Dean Koontz books and I have to say Odd Thomas is probably my favorite so far. I did enjoy Icebound it had a sense of dread and thrll at the same time, but I really did like the Odd Thomas books. Odd seems to be an ordinary guy maybe not
the sharpest tool in the toolbox, but everyday smart with common sense and you add the spirits into it that he communicates with and
that gives him an edge others don't have.
ananya92
Favorite Author: Jeffrey Archer
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ananya92.html
Latest Review: A Passover in Peshawar by AM Sardar
fav_author_id: 4949

Post by ananya92 »

I really liked Odd Thomas when I read it. Though there are books which dealt with similar storyline, the book was written in a refreshing style and the central character, Odd, was really likeable.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”