Tribute by Nora Roberts?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
proudmom25
Favorite Book: Hard to say so... MANY
Currently Reading: The Gift by Cecilia Ahern
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proudmom25.html

Tribute by Nora Roberts?

Post by proudmom25 »

Just bought this book on the bargain rack at the library.Anyone read this book before?I would like to know how it was?
~"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves".~
tonya10057
Favorite Author: Nora Roberts
Favorite Book: honest illusions
Currently Reading: The next always
fav_author_id: 3258

Post by tonya10057 »

I have read that book before,it's good,all of her books are very good.
RuqeeD

Post by RuqeeD »

If you like Nora Roberts then its a good book. She does a mix of romance and thriller, I think very well. It was a good book, I enjoyed it.
firedancer1066

Post by firedancer1066 »

I like Nora Roberts and her J.D. Robb series. She is always a good read and a great way to spent an afternoon or evening. She excels at developing characters that you get to know and care about what happens to them. It's an added bonus that she always has a happy ending....I'm a sucker for a happy ending. The way she can fuse romance, mystery, the supernatural is very entertaining. Not all her books include the supernatural, but they all do include romance and mystery. Tribute is a good read.
puncheebone
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-puncheebone.html

Post by puncheebone »

I Love Nora Roberts books and Tribute was a good one. Lifetime Movie Network aired a movie based on this novel which starred Britney Murphey. The movie did coincide with the novel the whole way which i loved. I believe you will truly love this story.
crazyrussianmaria
Favorite Author: Margaret Mitchell
Currently Reading: Unearthly
Bookshelf Size: 414
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crazyrussianmaria.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 2998

Post by crazyrussianmaria »

I actually didn't like this book much. Either way, here is my review:

“I saw you standing on a veranda you’d built with your own hands. And I loved you.”

Book: Tribute

Author: Nora Roberts

My Rating: ✯✯✯ (3 Stars)

Read: May 19, 2015

Synopsis: The #1 New York Times bestselling author presents her latest blockbuster novel, the story of a big-screen legend, a small-town scandal and a young woman caught up in the secrets and shadows of both.

Cilla McGowan, a former child star, has found a more satisfying life restoring homes. So she comes to Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley to save the dilapidated farmhouse that once belonged to her grandmother—a legendary actress who died of an overdose more than thirty years ago.

Plunging into the project with gusto, Cilla’s almost too busy and exhausted to notice her neighbor, graphic novelist Ford Sawyer. Determined not to carry on the family tradition of ill-fated romances, Cilla steels herself against Ford’s quirky charm, though she can’t help indulging in a little fantasy.

But it’s reality that holds its share of dangers for Cilla. A cache of unsigned letters found in the attic points to a mysterious romance in her grandmother’s life—and may be the catalyst for a frightening, violent assault. And if Cilla and Ford are unable to sort out who is targeting her and why, she may, like her world-famous grandmother, be cut down in the prime of her life.

Review:

This was my first Nora Roberts novel and although I came in with no expectations whatsoever, I have to say- I was a bit disappointed. I thought that the smut aspect of it would exceed most other books but I was wrong.

To begin with, the story itself wasn’t bad but it wasn’t great either. Maybe it’s because I don’t care much for fixing houses but I found myself feeling distant and withdrawn from the main story line. For this reason it didn’t maintain my attention whatsoever and I found myself putting this book down many, many times. I even waited months to finish the last chapter, just because I didn’t care that much what happened to the main characters or how the story ended for that matter.

Further on, the pace of the story was a bit too drawn out for my liking. I wanted more action but instead things happened way too slowly and we only got further into solving the mystery towards the end of the book. That’s not to say that I don’t like romance, I love romance, I would have just liked to see a more equal amount of romance to mystery. Instead, the real action began way too far into the book and before that all we got was romance between the main two characters.

Also, the smut was adequate, that is all. It didn’t blow me away or make me want to keep reading, it was just….eh. The reason for this was because it seemed a little too vague, even to the point where I had to reread certain parts because I had a hard time understanding what exactly was going on at some points. I like when smut is not too vulgar and not too vague either and this book just didn’t do it for me in that aspect. I don’t know whether or not I will try another Nora Roberts novel in the future, we will have to see.

The only redeeming quality I found in this book was the character development and how real the characters themselves seemed. I especially liked that the two main characters had little quirks and hobbies and everything else that actual people have. Cilla was the handyman, the one who’s passion was to remake houses, while Ford’s was to create comics. It was also unique because the stereotypical traits of a woman and a man were reversed in this case. This made for an interesting dynamic between them and it made the book more enjoyable.

All in all, this novel was okay. However, I would not recommend it to anyone because I think there are many other books out there that are much more worth your time.
"You still think love can save us. It's more killing than hate. Hate is so clean, so simple, like being in the ring. With hate, you just keep hitting; you hit until they stop hitting back. With love, they never stop."--- Colleen McCullough
Lorirainbowbright
Favorite Book: An Ember in the Ashes
Currently Reading: Burning Midnight
Bookshelf Size: 249
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorirainbowbright.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Lorirainbowbright »

Its been along time since I read this book. I remembered that at the time I really enjoyed the story. I would have to read it again to see if I would still like it. I do really love Nora Roberts but I prefer her "In Death" series more.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”