Harry Potter

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kristinkilikina
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Harry Potter

Post by kristinkilikina »

I feel like I grew up with Harry Potter. His world was magical and amazing. The films and novels changed movies and books for me forever. I think for many people who didn't like to read were submerged into this world. I also felt completely crushed when the books ended. I felt like a part of my childhood was over.
CnL4eva
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cnl4eva.html

Post by CnL4eva »

I love love love Harry Potter. I have seen every movie and read every book. I love both, but the movies dont do justice to the books. You can find anything in this book. I love details and this series pays attention to all these details. There is alot of humor and romance and adventure. Harry is hilarious! This series is something I will enjoy reading always :D
Caz1+
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caz1.html

Post by Caz1+ »

Love them all although the prisoner of azkaban is my favourite
yalonde
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yalonde.html
Latest Review: "The Road To Comfort" by Becky Lower

Post by yalonde »

I have always enjoyed reading, but Harry Potter was the series that turned me into a book freak. I attended the midnight releaseparties, i joined the harry Potter forums to predict the next books and discuss the current book. I read them multiple times. Harry Potter started my addiction to reading.
Latest Review: "The Road To Comfort" by Becky Lower
lse322
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lse322.html

Post by lse322 »

I love this series. I have lost track of the amount of times I have re-read it. This was the series that really got me into reading. I am such fan that on my 11th birthday I was extremely disappointed that my Hogwarts letter didn't arrive.
Tista

Post by Tista »

I have read the book over a hundred times and still want to read it. Am a die hard fan. J.K.Rowling rocks.
MaddiLal

Post by MaddiLal »

I can't imagine what my life would have been like had I never picked up Harry Potter when I was in third grade. It was the whole reason that I became so obsessed with reading. This book helped me become the reader and writer I am today. It may have also been a contributing factor to choosing the university I go to because they have a Quidditch team...
Bailers77
Favorite Author: Terry Goodkind
Currently Reading: The Scorch Trials
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bailers77.html
fav_author_id: 5284

Post by Bailers77 »

The books are great. My dad used to read them to me as bed time stories when I was little. I think most people focus too much on the "witchcraft" part of the books and deny their children the experience and ignore the messages behind the story. Messages of hope and bravery, friendship and love, and of of course that you can do anything you set your mind too.
Caydinhart

Post by Caydinhart »

These books were a cornerstone of my childhood and were beautiful not just because of the story, but because of the stories within stories. It never really felt like they were all entirely just about a few characters, but rather looking at a piece of life that so happens to have a few people coinciding with each other.

On a side note, I read these books in German as well while I was learning and fell in love all over again while reading. They're beyond language.
[nette]
Currently Reading: Splintered Trilogy
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nette.html

Post by [nette] »

This series was seriously one of the most enchanting books that I have ever read.

I remember growing up with the movies, and I couldn't wait for the other movies to come out. Just recently, I was approached by one of my good friends, and she asked me if I have ever read the actual books. I told her no, that I tried when the Sorcer Stone came out, but I just really couldn't get into it. She lended me the books and the rest is history..

One thing that I absolutely loved is that there was more to the stories than what the movie told, and much more in depth with everything else in the magical world as well. I do have to say that one thing that really baffled me was the love in this book series is not just some teenage puppy love. The love that is shown is more than words can describe, and the fact that it doesn't just come from two people that are interested in each other, but it also comes from the love of friends and family; and to me I believe that kind of love is the best love to give as well as recieve.

Overall this is one book that will forever continue to be in my heart, and one that I will not hesitate to re read. Something that I definately will tell my kids about.
buttafly74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-buttafly74.html

Post by buttafly74 »

I love HP! of course I'm sorta late to the party and have only read up to the fourth book. But I remember when they were first being talked about and it seemed like a hipster thing to have the latest book and what not. I have seen all the movies and loved them! I am on Pottermore too! I'll eventually get around to reading the rest of the books (when i get the money) and it is definitely one of my favorite series.
jazzybear
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Favorite Book: The Mortal Insruments City of Glass
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jazzybear.html
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by jazzybear »

I have never really read the harry potter series, except for the half-blood prince. It has been years and I haven't made up mind to finally read it.
erinbilly

Post by erinbilly »

It was a wonderful storyline and I was sorry to see it end.
Pratham143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pratham143.html

Post by Pratham143 »

I'm a die-hard fan of the HP Series!
mansala

Post by mansala »

The Harry Potter series is probably my favorite of all time! My mother isn't a huge fan of the books plot but she had let my older sister read them when she was my age so she had to let me to. I don't see what all fuss was about and why they wanted to ban them. These books are full of the spirit of hope and friendship. I read all the books in the two weeks and some of those books are as big as the bible. J.K really knew her fan base as her target audience got older the books got more mature as well, I feel that she did a great job of making the characters feel realistic as they go through the same coming of age situations that we often do (i.e. boy-girl dances, the first kiss, the awkwardness of puberty). It often feels as if you're reading about close friends rather than characters. Overall this is an amazing series that I would recommend for just about anyone young and old, boy or girl to read and enjoy.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”