Harry Potter

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alexavier-Taiga
Favorite Author: Arthur Conan Doyle
Favorite Book: Struck By Lightning by Chris Colfer
Currently Reading: reading five books and they wont fit
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexavier-taiga.html
fav_author_id: 2456

Re: Harry Potter

Post by Alexavier-Taiga »

I quite like Half Blood Prince, to be quite honest, I don't like Harry as a character, so I liked the fact that in HBP we got to see a bit more of other characters.
So many books to read, so little time..
Gustavsson
Currently Reading: A Darker Shade of Magic
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gustavsson.html

Post by Gustavsson »

I hated Half Blood Prince when I first read it because it seemed to me that Harry was being too paranoid and he kept on being right about things he really should have been wrong about.
But in retrospect (in view of Deathly Hallows, and the fact that he was not quite as right as he seemed at the time) it was pretty good, and it definitely sets up some interesting plot lines.
THWilliams82
Favorite Author: J.K Rowling
Favorite Book: Harry Potter Series
Currently Reading: Lord of the Rings Book 1
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thwilliams82.html

Post by THWilliams82 »

The Harry Potter Series is what sparked my love for reading (and inspired me to start writing myself). Now i find that I am always searching for new books to read. Unfortunately its sometimes hard to find books that live up to the HP series.
Deodarax
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deodarax.html

Post by Deodarax »

Absolutely love the series! I found that the characters were riveting and I can relate to them in ways, as if I actually knew them. The author did an amazing job bringing the characters to life and although some may say this series is overrated, it will always be my favorite series.
aurainvader
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aurainvader.html
Latest Review: "Mad Reality vs Aurelius" by James Ayrford

Post by aurainvader »

The Harry Potter series is one of my absolute favorites. Honestly, it took a few tries before I really got hooked on these books. My best friend loved them though so I kept reading. When I read the third book, the Prisoner of Azkaban, something really changed in the story and the characters suddenly became so much more real and relatable. I've heard that Rowling is going to release another novel in the Wizarding Universe, but more focused on some smaller charactera like Luna Lovegood and Rolf Scamander, and hopefully their children. I can't wait to submerse myself in that world again.
Latest Review: "Mad Reality vs Aurelius" by James Ayrford
stlrams1
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by stlrams1 »

Harry Potter is a very interesting book. I like it and reccomend it because it is very interesting and have great spoilers and stuff like tlhat. Honestly I think this book is very good. In the first book it is kind of an introduction to the series. It has all these details.
Bmxmom

Post by Bmxmom »

I love the Harry Potter books. I have re-read this series numerous times. My 12 year old loves these books. I enjoy the books much more then the movies. My favorite has to be Goblet of Fire. Full of action and suspense.
Jessie23

Post by Jessie23 »

I have read this series several times and enjoy every minute every time. I have all the books in hard cover except one, and that one will soon be in hard cover too. I am currently reading this series to my grand children they are enjoying this as much as I have. When we finish a book then I let them watch the movie. It's just better that way.
tburhart2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tburhart2.html

Post by tburhart2 »

Harry Potter is probably the most influential series I've ever read. It is what sparked my interest in reading at a young age. I'm excited to reread the series now that I'm much older and haven't read them since I was in elementary school.
RStone
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rstone.html
Latest Review: "Malevolent Shadows" by Abdul Sami

Post by RStone »

I've gotta admit, this series is about my favorite thing in the world. I just had a Harry Potter birthday party to celebrate the *cough cough* anniversary of when my owl got lost. I've also got a few tattoos. My favorite characters have always been the adults, though, even when I was younger (though I was always reading when I was older than Harry). Snape is a personal favorite, and part of that is that I'm also a professor and wish I could be that snarky with my students without getting fired.
Latest Review: "Malevolent Shadows" by Abdul Sami
THWilliams82
Favorite Author: J.K Rowling
Favorite Book: Harry Potter Series
Currently Reading: Lord of the Rings Book 1
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thwilliams82.html

Post by THWilliams82 »

lanedraven wrote:
I remember how crushed I was when it hit me that Harry Potter was over.... felt like the end of an era.

I found this too! I stayed up all night reading the end of the last book!
teel02
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teel02.html

Post by teel02 »

I really enjoyed the books. I liked the movies too, but some of the movies didn't do justice to the book, The order of the phoenix coming to mind. I think the series was fantastic and I really like reading them to my girls also.
debo9967
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debo9967.html
Latest Review: "Self Examination" by VK Grover

Post by debo9967 »

Harry Potter series is a cult now and I don't think any teen's teenage is complete without it. I absolutely love it.
Latest Review: "Self Examination" by VK Grover
MikiMirjana

Post by MikiMirjana »

I have read only the first book and it was so compelling. As soon as I find some time I will most certainly marathon the whole series.
Jesska6029
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: The Harry Potter series
Currently Reading: It and Mr. Mercedes
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesska6029.html
Latest Review: "Texaners: Eight Short Stories" by T. F. Rhoden
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Jesska6029 »

The Harry Potter books are my favorite books. I think J.K. Rowling has amazing talent. I love the way the smallest things always tie in and play an important role. I connect with Harry on so many levels, and I love the world he becomes a part of. I really was devastated when the book series came to an end. I never wanted to leave the world I had grown to love.

Writing this definitely makes me want to reread them!
“Some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all—in which case, you fail by default.” ~J.K. Rowling
Latest Review: "Texaners: Eight Short Stories" by T. F. Rhoden

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”