House of night

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BookWorms101
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworms101.html

Re: House of night

Post by BookWorms101 »

I love these books! When I got the new one I pulled an all nighter without even realizing it. Didn't realize it was 5 in the morning until my mom asked me why I was up.
xchococatxx

Post by xchococatxx »

I love this series! But I don't remember if I finished it or not.
summer101331
Favorite Author: Jk.Rowling
Favorite Book: Alone-Girl in abox
Currently Reading: several series
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer101331.html

Post by summer101331 »

I absolutely love the house of the night series, i loved the first book especially the way that zoey faces some normal teenage drama as well as the stuff with the vampires. im not usually into vampire books but that blew me away,i got the first 8 books from HMV when they thought they were going to close or really cheap but i would've paid a lot more for it either way. it was just that good.
Enigma
Favorite Author: S.E.Hinton
Favorite Book: The Outsiders
Currently Reading: Breathless by Scott Prussing
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enigma.html
Latest Review: "Broken, 180 Days in the Wilderness of an Urban Middle School" by Ann C. Averill

Post by Enigma »

I found the series too repetitive and poorly written. I forced myself to read all the books as I was asked to review them. I remember enjoying the first three and then it went down hill.
It's great that you've enjoyed them but in my opinion there are many more paranormal books that are 100 x better.
If I didn't write, I'd never sleep.

Up the Irons!!!
Latest Review: "Broken, 180 Days in the Wilderness of an Urban Middle School" by Ann C. Averill
miki3737

Post by miki3737 »

Well, I can say that I did enjoy them, the only thing I didn't like was the crappy slang. In my opinion the author kind of tries too hard to make Zoey look like a real teenager.
cjdyer
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cjdyer.html

Post by cjdyer »

I thought the first couple of books were interesting, but after awhile, they just got too...weird I guess. I was in high school when I first started reading them, and I remember thinking, "Do teenagers really talk like that?" I never really knew anyone who did, and I knew the author asked her daughter for some help, but I thought the language was a little forced. Not to mention the characters after awhile seemed to be typical. Too typical. I see that others like it, and it is a good first read, but after awhile, they seem to drag on.
Aiysha_W
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aiysha-w.html

Post by Aiysha_W »

I used to love reading the house of night books at first! I loved them and I think I read them up to like the 8th book and then I somehow lost interest. It wasn't that I couldn't keep up with a long series as I've just read the last and fifteenth book of The Morganville Vampires Series and loved it so much! There wasn't much action and it dragged on a lot in the last few books. The first few books are definitely good though :)
Ashah Taylor
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashah-taylor.html

Post by Ashah Taylor »

I used to really like the HoN series until about book 6. I still read them though because even if I don't enjoy the novels I love the novellas
Ammonia
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=25016">I heart Vegas</a>
Currently Reading: Paws and Jaws
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ammonia.html

Post by Ammonia »

I started reading the series few weeks ago and I must admit they are captivating. I was skeptical at first, because of the numerous amateur vampire series, which have been flooding the bookshelves over the past years, but I found them to be a pleasant reading.
Apart from the original plot and the unexpected turns the story makes, I find the way mother and daughter have learned to cooperate together stunning. After all, sometimes the mother-daughter relationship doesn't allow for two women to get along, let alone write a fantasy book series and make them best-selling. Bonus points for the authoress' amazing relationship and cooperative writing skills.
Dezire06
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dezire06.html

Post by Dezire06 »

Zoe and her group make you feel like your one of them while reading about them.
dragoneyes2005

Post by dragoneyes2005 »

I read like the first 5 and then just kinda got lost. I was reading them online and had trouble catching back up. I didn't know if people still thought of them as with reading it not anymore. Luckily people still seem to enjoy them somewhat. Maybe I should give them another shot.
KLNobles

Post by KLNobles »

I know that these are considered YA books, but I really enjoyed the first five in the series. I always love the coming-of-age type of stories that show a character becoming aware of themselves, and growing. But it turned into more of a "Mean Girls" type of thing that just bored me. It became just too predictable. Now that I see comments that the series got better again, I may have to go back and read the rest!
Roriann-book-worm
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roriann-book-worm.html
Latest Review: "Tulpa" by Rebecca McNutt

Post by Roriann-book-worm »

I absolutely loveeeeeeee that series, finished it all :)
Latest Review: "Tulpa" by Rebecca McNutt
kczinn

Post by kczinn »

OMG, this series has so many books! I started reading it on the recommendation from a friend and got hooked. I stopped reading them for a while, so I'm a little out of the loop. But I really want to start getting back into them!
port12345

Post by port12345 »

When i used to take pleasure from HoN until eventually finally I do think this specific 6 e-book approximately. There following many people did in fact improve along with I could truthfully seldom examine these folks these days. When i found themselves being incredibly disappointed.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”