Mercy Thompson Books by Patricia Briggs

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.

How many of you who read Science Fiction/ Fantasy like Were wolf novels?

Poll ended at 28 Oct 2010, 17:21

No votes
Hate
No votes
Depends on series
No votes
other
No votes

Total votes: 0

Olie
Bookshelf Size: 0

Mercy Thompson Books by Patricia Briggs

Post by Olie »

So I wanted to see how many other people liked her books. I have read all of the books in this series and I love them. It is a great series especially for people into werewolfs.
Perrywinkle47

Post by Perrywinkle47 »

Not something that I would like...
the wisdom to see
Currently Reading: Aurora Sky
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-wisdom-to-see.html

Post by the wisdom to see »

I began reading this series when I happened to run across it on my Kindle - I was not disappointed. What a great series! I was sad to see it end and hope that Patricia Briggs will decide to continue this story line at some point. (And also include the tree, I loved him!!)
booknerdproblems
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booknerdproblems.html

Post by booknerdproblems »

I love her books. The mercy thompson series was one of the first werewolf books I ever read.
Book-Worm420

Post by Book-Worm420 »

I am currently reading " River Marked" by Patricia Briggs. Its the 6th sequel to the Mercy Thompson Series. I love reading series. I never want the stories to end! It is for pure enjoyment. Sometimes I need a good book to help me escape reality. I am really enjoying this series. Just wanted to let you all know that if you haven't read the Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning.... it is a MUST READ. My Ultimate favorite series!!
Vickyoreo86
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =118626">A Court of Wings and Ruin</a>
Currently Reading: The Sword of Shannara
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickyoreo86.html
Latest Review: Cover Your Tracks, Leona Leitman by C. S. Johnson

Post by Vickyoreo86 »

I have the first book waiting in line on my kindle, I am glad I found this thread because I was hoping to be able to talk about it once I had read it! also I may bump it up the line....I have far too much to read :)
“We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences.”
― David Gemmell
Thimble
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 6338">Iron Kissed</a>
Currently Reading: A Wise Man's Fear
Bookshelf Size: 270
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thimble.html
Latest Review: The Captain's Collie by Ace Mask
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Thimble »

I've read all of them so far and all of the Alpha Omega series. I love her writing and characters.
"You can never leave footprints that last if you are always walking on tiptoe." - Leymah Gbowee
phoenmoon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phoenmoon.html
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited

Post by phoenmoon »

I love Patricia Briggs. I don't think she has written a book I have not enjoyed reading. I'm currently impatiently waiting for her new releases.
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
Annaruthus
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annaruthus.html

Post by Annaruthus »

I have read a few of the Alpha and Omega stories, and decided to start the Mercy Thompson series a couple of months ago. I just recently finished the second book, and I have not been disappointed! I love when authors have various storylines in the same universes!
I really enjoyed Mercy's development in the first two books. I cannot wait to see how her abilities and character develop. The love triangle in the story really pulls on my heartstrings, since I empathize with both of her love interests. Sometimes triangle just come of as someone trying to keep their options open, but not this one. Mercy really has her work cut out for her, picking between these two guys. They both have significant positives, but also serious detractors.

She has a really rare position in the werewolf world that allows her to balance between the major factions in the story with pretty decent success. I look forward to seeing how she maintains her tightrope like relationships with all of the groups.
Imarru
Currently Reading: Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 6
Bookshelf Size: 462

Post by Imarru »

I did not really enjoy the first book in the series, but the rest of my family LOVED the series and so I decided to read the second book. The Mercy Thompson series is now one of my favorite series, and it was what got me hooked on Urban Fantasy books.
Alice-T

Post by Alice-T »

I know this is an old thread but I heard to comment on how absolutely enthraled I was by this series as well as the alpha and omega series I am nearing the end of the series im currently reading frost burned hoping it will end with a bang
Barbara Larkin
Currently Reading: The Raven Boys
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbara-larkin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Barbara Larkin »

I liked the books. I've read her Alpha & Omega series, then the related Mercy Thompson series. I think I'm about book seven but I'm still heavily invested in what happens to Mercy as the story progresses.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”