Review by MTReader91 -- A Kingdom Forgotten

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MTReader91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtreader91.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Review by MTReader91 -- A Kingdom Forgotten

Post by MTReader91 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr..]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Magic and technology have taken over a world more advanced than Earth. With their advancements, the other world has released their most dangerous and hardened criminals due to magic being outlawed there. We, the seeds of Humanity, are all descendants of hardened criminals, fighting to survive the unmaking of A Throne of Souls. Their descendants, here on Earth and the rest of Humanity, are left to wrestle with a Creation undone by an outlaw mage. The Dark Knight of Magic has a Master Plan that affects Humanity throughout the known Universe. The Dark Knight must gather power beyond measure to thwart the consequences of that brought forth the forming A Throne of Souls. In A Kingdom Forgotten, the Dark Knight’s Master Plan originates centuries in the past which begins and ends with many relationships which evolves through his understanding of his soul. His Master Plan derives from the dichotomy between hate and hope through characters developed over two and a half decades.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 on a scale of 1 to 4. I can never rate a book a 4 out of 4 because no book is perfect. I didn’t notice any spellings errors, there may have been two or three punctuation errors and one or two grammatical errors.

I chose this book because it is part of the sci-fi genre with magic and time travel. It brings a different look into the sci-fi genre because it has a Biblical theme in it. The use of magic and how the different mages connect with magic is nice to read because there is some background to what each mage uses in terms of their magical abilities.

Other readers would like this book because it falls into the sci-fi category. Others may like this book as well because it has different plots for each character whether the characters cross paths or not.

The author does a nice job of warning the reader before the book begins that there are many time jumps. He uses symbols and gives a guide at the beginning of the book to what each symbol means and how to follow the jumps. I like the premise of the story as it snags the reader from the beginning taking the reader on an adventure. The adventures from each main character is enjoyable as the book progresses. I like the crossovers between many of the characters because it plays into the big plot of the storyline. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

At this time I cannot think of anything that is a dislike to the book.

A Kingdom Forgotten
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like MTReader91's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”