Official Review: Air Born by Timothy Trimble

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jhmende
Currently Reading: The Bible
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jhmende.html
Latest Review: "Blowing Sandstorm" by Horace Crenshaw, Jr.

Official Review: Air Born by Timothy Trimble

Post by jhmende »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Air Born" by Timothy Trimble.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Air Born is a terrific science fiction by author Timothy Trimble. It is a fast-paced, adventurous story that balances sci-fi and romance. From the first chapter I was intrigued, and by the end, I was cheering.

In Air Born, there is a species of beings known as the ‘Avitorians.’ They look exactly like humans, inside and out, with one remarkable difference: upon coming of age, they have the ability to fly. They dwell amongst us humans, living in secret. No one, not even the Avitorians, know where they come from: whether they are aliens, or a subspecies of humankind, or something else entirely. Most of them live their lives in secrecy and fear, for they have been hunted ever since ancient Egypt. Many humans want to know the secrets of the Avitorians and their ability to fly, and so they chase them down, capture them, and run experiments on them.

This novel has a lot of things going for it. First of all, I was hooked from the very beginning. The book is well written, and its introduction is exciting and intriguing all at once. From that point until the ending, the story keeps a good pace. The author takes his time when he needs to, and he moves quickly when it is necessary to move quickly. There was never a moment when I was bored with this book.

Most importantly in any story, for me, at least, is that I care about the characters. I cared about the protagonist, Leif, and the people that he loved. I cared about what happened to him. I found that, when I gave myself an hour in my schedule to review this book, I would go overtime, not wanting to stop where I was. I had to know what happened.

There are some problems with this novel. I feel as though the author could have proofread this book at least one more time. While the simple grammar mistakes are not overly abundant and are definitely not distracting (even for me, and I’m nearly a perfectionist when it comes to grammar), they do exist, and I did notice them. Most of them are extremely subtle and minor, so I can’t say it wasn’t proofread, but I think the proofreading should have been just a bit more thorough. Still, I cared too much about the characters for it to ruin my experience in the slightest.

There is no such thing as a perfect book, but there are books that I enjoy so much, I can’t help but give them 4 out of 4 stars. If you like science fiction, adventure, or romance, this is one book you should definitely check out.

Air Born
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like jhmende's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Blowing Sandstorm" by Horace Crenshaw, Jr.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Good review. It sounds like a really interesting book and an overall good read. It looks like one I might have to look into.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Katelyn Scott
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katelyn-scott.html
Latest Review: "Randy Love...at your service" by Shay Carter

Post by Katelyn Scott »

Sounds very intriguing. I'd love to read it.
Latest Review: "Randy Love...at your service" by Shay Carter
DennisK
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ken Follett
Currently Reading: Light in August
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dennisk.html
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA
fav_author_id: 3559

Post by DennisK »

Thanks for the review, jhmende. I'm in the mood for SF ... I'll give it a read.

-- 11 Mar 2017, 17:48 --

Like jhmende, I too went into overtime when I neared the end. No writing error interrupted my reading, and I feel the story structure was well crafted.
:angelic-green:

-- 11 Mar 2017, 17:54 --

:animals-dogrun:

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”