Official Review: The Four Powers by J. A. Cummings

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MandalynnJDG
Currently Reading: Spirituality for REAL
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandalynnjdg.html
Latest Review: White Night by J.J. Holt

Re: Official Review: The Four Powers by J. A. Cummings

Post by MandalynnJDG »

Thanks for the review. I really enjoy books that are well edited. I have heard lots about a Loadstone and it would be really interesting to read about it!
Tommie H Odom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 1960">Sade Evans</a>
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tommie-h-odom.html

Post by Tommie H Odom »

The book is out of this world from the crack in the rock. The unnamed language coming out of the crack and the frighten town. The wild magic is enough for anyone to run. Nice review.
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zenalei7.html
Latest Review: Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool by Joan J. Harris

Post by Azeline Arcenal »

It seems like a really interesting book! I absolutely love sci-fi/ fantasy books and will definitely add this to my reading list. Great review by the way!
“The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.” - W. Somerset Maugham
josefina1110
Currently Reading: Justice
Bookshelf Size: 38
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Voice of Creation

Post by josefina1110 »

Thanks for the honest review. I am not very fond of sci-fi fantasy considering that I am on the side of religious reality. But I have read few pages just for curiosity. Maybe I will finish it later as the review seem to invite my attention. Congratulations to the author for BOTD.
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

mratdegraff91 wrote:Another thing I like about this novel is how the author would have occasional breaks where Pedar would explain several of the different races or gods mentioned in detail. I found that to be very refreshing and entertaining.
That is so odd. This is actually one of my readerly pet peeves. Some authors can pull it off, but it's rare.
Despite that, I'm intrigued :)
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
Jories4
Currently Reading: The Divine Comedy
Bookshelf Size: 48

Post by Jories4 »

This sounds appealing for readers who liked ASOIAF, fantasy, magic, dragons and bood is exactly what i am looking for in a fantasy story. Thanks for your review.
-Dan
David Nash
Currently Reading: Slay the Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-nash.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill
Reading Device: B009XE0K7W

Post by David Nash »

Thank you very much for the review. I found it very informative and actually made me want to read the novel. I appreciate books which are well edited and have good characterization.
karaleigh2
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by karaleigh2 »

This sounds like a great book. I only like certain types of books in the fantasy genre and I wasn't sure I'd like this one. Then I read the first couple of pages and was hooked--it sounds like I'd love it!
bluegreenmarina
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6703">The Count of Monte Cristo</a>
Currently Reading: Drive Your Plow Over The Bones Of The Dead
Bookshelf Size: 1230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluegreenmarina.html
Latest Review: Spontaneous Addiction Recovery by Dr. James Slobodzien

Post by bluegreenmarina »

Thank you for the thorough review! Not typically my genre of choice but I have been known to make exceptions - it is useful to have such a detailed review to help me decide if a certain book is something I want to commit to.
GranPeg
Currently Reading: Once in a Blue Year
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-granpeg.html

Post by GranPeg »

This genre' isn't usually something I would want to read. The example on Amazon and your review makes me more interested. :techie-studyinggray:
Pratap Puhan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Pratap Puhan »

Wonderful novel interesting. Really heart touching book I have ever seen.
Anki_Real_Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 55282">The Palace of Illusions</a>
Currently Reading: 2 books same content: You'll Do Anything for Him. You'll Do Anything for Her
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anki-real-reviews.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill
Reading Device: B00LHLASDU

Post by Anki_Real_Reviews »

What an insightful review! If I were not up to my ears with the pending assignments, I would have dived into this book immediately. Anyway, this is in my "to-read" bookshelf.
"A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading." ~William Styron
melni
Favorite Book: Swept Away
Currently Reading: Higher Is Waiting
Bookshelf Size: 1275

Post by melni »

Thank you for a very enthusiastic and detailed review! I'm glad the you enjoyed the story, that the writing was well researched and edited. A great story with wonderful characters and captivating adventure. I love a book that you can't put down, so I'm adding this to my must read list !

Congrats to the author on her creativity, presentation & a thoroughly enjoyable book.
Wasif Ahmed
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasif-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00THRCA6E
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

Sounds like a really great read. I am glad you enjoyed it. Good job on the review too. ?
Congratulations to the author for being the BOTD and for getting such a positive review. ?
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
Kdonegan91
Favorite Author: Wanda E. Brunstetter
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 202">Never Cry Again</a>
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdonegan91.html
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
Reading Device: 1400699169
fav_author_id: 19883

Post by Kdonegan91 »

Great review! I don't think this book is for me. I don't mind the blood and guts but I am not a fantasy or sci-fi fan. However, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. - Wayne Dyer
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”