Official Review: The Empire of the Zon by RM Burgess

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vulgate
Currently Reading: Conceived Without Sin (Pierced by a Sword #2)
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vulgate.html

Re: Official Review: The Empire of the Zon by RM Burgess

Post by Vulgate »

Interesting. I didn't expect to find a radical feminism dystopian novel.
Rachel1019
Currently Reading: A Dance with Dragons
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel1019.html
Latest Review: "The Understanding" by Dennis Pennefather

Post by Rachel1019 »

This book sounds amazing! I am thoroughly convinced that this will be moved to #1 on my to-read list of books. Thank you so much for the review.
Latest Review: "The Understanding" by Dennis Pennefather
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

Wow I love the original plot line. I'm a huge fan of science fiction and fantasy so this book sounds amazing to me. I really love your enthusiasm for this book, it makes me want to read this. Thanks for the great review!
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
Strangerthanfiction
Currently Reading: Night Seeker
Bookshelf Size: 304
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strangerthanfiction.html

Post by Strangerthanfiction »

Great review! I was drawn to the cover immediately and after reading your review this just went to the top of my TBR. I love sci-fi/fantasy and this one sounds like a unique total must read. I can't wait to read the story of the Sisterhood of the Zon. I know what you mean about not feeling like you are not making much progress when chapters are too long. I'm not deterred by very long books, a lot of this genre has very long books, but the chapter length aspect does get to me too. I will be diving in head first anyway though thanks to your wonderful review. Thank you so much for sharing.
“You know you’ve read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.” – Paul Sweeney
chrisann2780
Favorite Author: Colleen Coble
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrisann2780.html
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 5369

Post by chrisann2780 »

Sounds like a book I would enjoy. Loved the review. Congrats to the author on BOTD.
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
MandalynnJDG
Currently Reading: Spirituality for REAL
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandalynnjdg.html
Latest Review: White Night by J.J. Holt

Post by MandalynnJDG »

Thanks for the review. This does sound like a very different type of novel! I am glad that you mentioned the length of the chapters, even though it would not really affect whether or not I read a book, but it is better to me for shorter chapters so I have a definitive stopping point, when I want to go to sleep or have to get up in the morning.
Magickangel102
Currently Reading: The forgotten princess
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magickangel102.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Magickangel102 »

Wow. I am overly impressed with this readers review. This is a book I would definitely want to read going on the review alone. It has given me all the information I'd want to consider it as my next read. I generally read fantasy or paranormal genre. I love that the review explain how much detail was put into the book without giving away secrets. Also having many stories with detailed characters in one book if the author is not careful can become very confusing. The reader stated that it was all there without any confusion.. easy to follow. I will definitely be putting this on my tbr shelf.
Celticlady
Currently Reading: Josephine Baker's Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 3435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-celticlady.html
Latest Review: Betrayal in Blue by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Celticlady »

Interesting book. Almost like a world unlike our own, except for the no men part..lol. A very long book to say the least, I did enjoy reading your review but I don't think I would be reading this one. Just not a genre I care for. Thanks and Happy Holidays!
Alyssa Malkin
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alyssa-malkin.html
Latest Review: "The Expelled" by Mois Benarroch

Post by Alyssa Malkin »

The Empire of the Zon, by RM Burgess is meticulously written book with a fantastic plot. The author created realistic characters, which have multiple dimensions, instead of bland characters with no interesting or hypocritical qualities. This engrossing story has every detail perfected and an intricate. Overall, I'd give it a 4.5/5 for originality, detail, and characters within the story.
Latest Review: "The Expelled" by Mois Benarroch
Annelore Trujillo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 170
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annelore-trujillo.html
Latest Review: The Siberians by Simon J. Carey

Post by Annelore Trujillo »

I'm not a big fan of science-fiction and fantasy, so I like that you pointed out that there are aspects of the book for everyone. It sounds pretty interesting, despite the fact that it is not my usual genre. You pointed out a lot of things that are essential to a novel (in my opinion) but that I never seem to see in books I've read recently. I think that the long chapters might bug me too, but sometimes I don't notice it when I'm really engrossed in the book. Great job on the review!
cyndibookswagbag
Favorite Author: Gena Showalter
Currently Reading: The Banned Book about Love
Bookshelf Size: 18
fav_author_id: 3591

Post by cyndibookswagbag »

Very different story plot. I do love a fanasty and even with other planets and made up worlds, feels like a escape from life! Not sure if this is for me, but maybe. When i get kindle unlimited again i will try it
Thanks for review
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: The Witching Hour
Bookshelf Size: 3840
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

This book sounds amazing and you have written an equally amazing review. I love when a reader shows such passion for what they have read. Great job!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
josefina1110
Currently Reading: Justice
Bookshelf Size: 38
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Voice of Creation

Post by josefina1110 »

Thanks for the great review. The author is very imaginative to have produced this unique sci-fi novel. I'm familiar with airboat but it has to be on the water or swampy area for it to run. This seems to be a sci-fi airboat. The review is very enticing and aroused my curiosity especially the plight of the women in their own world absent of men.
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

It's nice to hear I am not alone in disliking long chapters! Everyone I speak with thinks I'm crazy...but I cannot sit and read one loooong chapter the way I can if it were broken up into 10 short ones. Thank you for your review!!
kaylee b jones
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kaylee b jones »

I feel in love as soon as I seen the cover . Very unique and its something I'd read more then once . Such an inspiring book

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”