Official Review: The Royal Dragoneers by M. R. Mathias

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
melni
Favorite Book: Swept Away
Currently Reading: Higher Is Waiting
Bookshelf Size: 1275

Re: Official Review: The Royal Dragoneers by M. R. Mathias

Post by melni »

Wow, I'm glad that I decided to engage in this book club! Thanks for your review! To hear someone say that a book is unpredictable and that the possibility of guessing outcome is non-existent -- WOW!!! Those of us who read, watch, or imagine sci-fi or fantasy books, have come across a varied amount of scenarios; so the author has raised the bar! Your telling statements about the graphic battle scenes is appreciated. Those of us who have not gone to war cannot imagine what it is really like and honestly there is no glamour in it. Again kudos to the author for keeping it real! I'm new to the club and have read some really great reviews. This is the first book that I added to my list, but haven't started reading yet. I keep adjusting the book positions around. :techie-studyingbrown: Thanks for another great review, so many books -- I must decide! :?:
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

melni wrote:Wow, I'm glad that I decided to engage in this book club! Thanks for your review! To hear someone say that a book is unpredictable and that the possibility of guessing outcome is non-existent -- WOW!!! Those of us who read, watch, or imagine sci-fi or fantasy books, have come across a varied amount of scenarios; so the author has raised the bar! Your telling statements about the graphic battle scenes is appreciated. Those of us who have not gone to war cannot imagine what it is really like and honestly there is no glamour in it. Again kudos to the author for keeping it real! I'm new to the club and have read some really great reviews. This is the first book that I added to my list, but haven't started reading yet. I keep adjusting the book positions around. :techie-studyingbrown: Thanks for another great review, so many books -- I must decide! :?:
Thank you very much! Welcome to the forum :)
tam0708
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tam0708.html
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited

Post by tam0708 »

Good review!
I just finished this book. What can I say, I like dragons. The graphic violence was a little bit to swallow but then it also makes the reader want to continue to read to see if the heroes win in the end. Which means you are definitely rooting for the dragoneers by the end of the book.
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

tam0708 wrote:Good review!
I just finished this book. What can I say, I like dragons. The graphic violence was a little bit to swallow but then it also makes the reader want to continue to read to see if the heroes win in the end. Which means you are definitely rooting for the dragoneers by the end of the book.
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about the book with us. I'm glad you like it :)
ebeth
Currently Reading: The Color of Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebeth.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B0097BEFA4

Post by ebeth »

Thanks for the great review!
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

ebeth wrote:Thanks for the great review!
Thank you for the comment :)
DamnOuttaSyrup
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damnouttasyrup.html

Post by DamnOuttaSyrup »

Very very well written
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

DamnOuttaSyrup wrote:Very very well written
Thank you very much!
elliotbrooks
Currently Reading: Mistborn
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elliotbrooks.html

Post by elliotbrooks »

Oh, this sounds fantastic!

Anytime a story has dragons I'm intrigued, but based on your review it would seem this story has much more! Having ogres and witches and druids alongside dragons may be a bit cliche, but if done well it can certainly do the fantasy genre justice.

I tend to do alright with violence in books, but torture is a bit iffy for me. I don't think that's enough to deter me though. The plot alone is intriguing, and your description of the non-stop action certainly has me intrigued. I just might have to get this as a Christmas gift for myself!

Thanks so much for the review!
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

elliotbrooks wrote:Oh, this sounds fantastic!

Anytime a story has dragons I'm intrigued, but based on your review it would seem this story has much more! Having ogres and witches and druids alongside dragons may be a bit cliche, but if done well it can certainly do the fantasy genre justice.

I tend to do alright with violence in books, but torture is a bit iffy for me. I don't think that's enough to deter me though. The plot alone is intriguing, and your description of the non-stop action certainly has me intrigued. I just might have to get this as a Christmas gift for myself!

Thanks so much for the review!
If you are into dragons, then you might just enjoy this book. Thank you for the comment and welcome to the forum :)
melni
Favorite Book: Swept Away
Currently Reading: Higher Is Waiting
Bookshelf Size: 1275

Post by melni »

I enjoyed the review, but I have to say that I'm really enjoying the book! Out the gate, this book starts with action! Wow! ! ! I did hit the first gory part and it was an eye opener, literally!!! It makes you think of the days of King Arthur, Robin Hood and knights; when there were pots of boiling oil, and man to man, toe to toe combat. We don't like to think of such, but war is brutal no matter what age.

I'm in chapter 13, can't wait to see what else happens!
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

melni wrote:I enjoyed the review, but I have to say that I'm really enjoying the book! Out the gate, this book starts with action! Wow! ! ! I did hit the first gory part and it was an eye opener, literally!!! It makes you think of the days of King Arthur, Robin Hood and knights; when there were pots of boiling oil, and man to man, toe to toe combat. We don't like to think of such, but war is brutal no matter what age.

I'm in chapter 13, can't wait to see what else happens!
That's AWESOME! Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the book :)
Lorirainbowbright
Favorite Book: An Ember in the Ashes
Currently Reading: Burning Midnight
Bookshelf Size: 249
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorirainbowbright.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Lorirainbowbright »

Really awesome review. I have the book but I haven't read it yet.
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

Sounds like an interesting book! Great review!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
Mark Johnson
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-johnson.html
Latest Review: "USA, Inc." by Larry Kahaner

Post by Mark Johnson »

I looked at the author's books that they have already written and it looks like a well established author. Downloaded the book, will have to check this one out. Love the genre and it seems like a fun read. Great job on review.
Latest Review: "USA, Inc." by Larry Kahaner

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”