Official Review: The Pursuit of Time by William H. May

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anki_Real_Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 55282">The Palace of Illusions</a>
Currently Reading: 2 books same content: You'll Do Anything for Him. You'll Do Anything for Her
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anki-real-reviews.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill
Reading Device: B00LHLASDU

Re: Official Review: The Pursuit of Time by William H. May

Post by Anki_Real_Reviews »

As much as I love these changed idioms, "You may only live once" and "There are sometimes second chances," I love a book where I can connect with its characters. This connection builds when there is a little background about their lives, likes, and dislikes. As per the review, that's missing. Moreover, futuristic plots don't sit well with me. Long story short, I don't think this book is for me. Great job on the review, though :)
"A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading." ~William Styron
Marlynlim
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Marlynlim »

I on the other hand prefers this type of storyline. Love the descriptions of scenic Colorado life and it's similarities to the present. Love how the struggles of the old man who is still mentally alert copes with the struggles of being old physically.
Shaiman Shaikh
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Shaiman Shaikh »

How long it takes to complete reading this book?
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1903
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: The Pursuit of Time bu William H. May', cracks on the theme as introduction, has a clear story, and natural scene description as background. It points out towards the strength(futuristic element) and weakness of the book, with equal emphasis.
dhwanis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhwanis.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by dhwanis »

The premise looks interesting. I have not read a book that deals with brain transplant so I have a feeling it would be interesting.
versatileer
Favorite Book: Serial K Returns
Currently Reading: Blood and Roses
Bookshelf Size: 338

Post by versatileer »

The book The Pursuit of Time by William H. May is so great because oif the nature of the sci-fi novel it is. I appreciated the nice review on the transplants and so forth. I will be reading this within this month.
sprakasarao
Currently Reading: Junior Inquisitor
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sprakasarao.html

Post by sprakasarao »

A book about braintransplant. The review shows that it's going to be quite interesting. I have already finished the sample and I'll continue reading.
Suzana
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Suzana »

Great review!
This sounds really interesting.
I'm sure that I will enjoy this book!
SandraTWP-BRW
Currently Reading: 1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandratwp-brw.html
Latest Review: "If God Is Not for Me, Then He Must Be Against Me!" by DeShaun Johnson
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by SandraTWP-BRW »

I agree with you about the character development. I think the author made something of an effort with Myra by describing her friendship with the neighbor, but "window dressing" is a perfect description. Even her visits and interactions with the neighbor are all chats about shopping or travels with her rich boyfriend. The other thing we know about Myra is that she likes to sleep in. Iromically, I felt like I learned far more about the Colorado landscape and mountains than I did about Myra.
Latest Review: "If God Is Not for Me, Then He Must Be Against Me!" by DeShaun Johnson
DennisK
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ken Follett
Currently Reading: Light in August
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dennisk.html
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA
fav_author_id: 3559

Post by DennisK »

I just finished this story. I don't think one should expect any earth shacking revelations, - no mind blowing twists or turns or cliff hanging moments. It is just a simple, easygoing feel-good story. I enjoyed it.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”